I feel cheated :/

Your everyday yellow/rare devourer comes out of the ground (usual video freeze), zombies run to attack it and I cast a firestorm on the nasty bug, while at it noticed hes "Fractured", more than half a screen away but still.. 'better run just to be safe', so wand arm comes down and I take half a step, monster dies and sorcerer is swarmed by over a dozen Devourers out of the ground from all sides (360 arc) blocking movement, tried to cast a spell and kill some of them while drinking potions non-stop, 1 second later was dead from swarm multitude of attacks.. without a way or chance to ever have survived.

Its an issue I feel must be adressed. Developers should eliminate death instances where player feels frustrated and cheated to this extent. Please control the 'fractured' mod on these worm monsters that can spawn wherever they please.

The cry rant: Yeah in hardcore we pretty much sign up to die for lag, video hangups, from being weak/unprepared to plain stupidity & every other kind of scenario. I don't bother dying except this time, sorcerer was in no way a weakling, could take a beating and had many zombies/spectres spawned at the time but all devourers came straight to her, kinda defeats the point of having minions.. and the worst is knowing the exact same can happen to next character. Of course, one could run around with escape/survival mechanics for this type of situation, however I question the validity of that since this happens in such rare instances that categorize more of an oddity and a bug than a proper game mechanic :/

Will very much like to thank if GGG staff who manages gameplay and balance issues put up measures to refrain this kind of sittuation happening.
"It is a cruel joke that man was born with more intent than Life."
Last edited by ramosmichel on Jul 30, 2014, 10:15:37 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not even a bug...net even remotely.

Seriously...the fractured mod and devourers have been around long enough by now that you should know how to deal with it, i.e leap slam/lightning warp, whirling blades or that potion that removes body blocking
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Yeah, this is in no way a bug, but it is a good learning experience for you. Sorry you lost your character though. It seems you had plenty of DPS to kill the monster so fast and fractures are easier to kill. You might have survived if you cast your Firestorm while in the midst of the monsters but I suspect you got stunlocked/interrupted and couldn't. You might do better next time with an item that gives stun immunity or Unwavering Stance (yeah, It's a long way from the witch start). Or a spell like cold snap to freeze/chill things to give you a fighting chance, maybe on a trigger gem like Cast on Stun or Cast when Damage Taken.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
As metioned, having to cope with something that happens less than what? 0.1% of the time is far from an ideal option and intelligent game design (or maybe it is to some, but lets talk majority and flow of the game here). That said, won't comment about carrying/using stuff that comes out of hand & context plus are next to useless save on game breaking situations.

I'll refrain from responding if the next posts contains the same level of coherence.
Last edited by ramosmichel on Jul 21, 2014, 12:51:41 PM
don't really care if you respond or not, it's not a bug and should not be here....at best it should be in feedback.

Also as a hardcore player YOU should be doing some research into the stuff that can possibly kill you...if you want to wing it that's fine but there are consequences of not knowing and having a learning process.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 21, 2014, 1:12:49 PM
Completely by design and honestly pretty stupid to complain about dying to a fractured Devourer after having noticed the rare Devourer boss had that mod on it even before engaging it!

You took the risk all by yourself pal, now take your losses like a man..
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 21, 2014, 1:22:29 PM
Or could as well post it in my blog or anywhere it won't matter or bother ^_^

Going a bit off topic, since theres no arguing the obvious, how much items and skills must one carry just to live up with the stupid/odd case scenario? Not that I have anything against going around looking like a clown and with stuff that are senseless 99% of the time, gotta work wonders to create a fulfilling gaming experience xD.. oh the concept =]
You should get an emergency plan like a good movement skill to escape, a good defensive skill/flask or a decoy of any form, something like that,
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 21, 2014, 1:32:20 PM
Having a fail safe plan that you only need 1% of the time sounds like a good idea if you're playing hardcore. I don't know why you'd think a Cast when Stunned or Damage taken would be such a burden. I'd bet almost every hardcore character uses them.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
ramosmichel wrote:
Or could as well post it in my blog or anywhere it won't matter or bother ^_^

Going a bit off topic, since theres no arguing the obvious, how much items and skills must one carry just to live up with the stupid/odd case scenario? Not that I have anything against going around looking like a clown and with stuff that are senseless 99% of the time, gotta work wonders to create a fulfilling gaming experience xD.. oh the concept =]

Every build has a weak point or weak points. PoE has too many ways to kill you to be totally immune to them all. That being said, having an escape for when you are surrounded is something you should ALWAYS have. Fracturing devourers are just one enemy that can surround you.

I know it is frustrating to die to a sudden and unexpectedly deadly game mechanic, but the devourers are one of the more interesting and dangrerous mobs, that require some real planning when you approach them. I'm not sure asking for them to be removed because they present a unique challenge with a certain set of modifiers is reasonable.

My only complaint about the fracture mod is that for low end machines it quickly uses up resources. If you don't have a decent machine you will see fps drops...wish that was cleaned up.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Last edited by MaxTheLimit on Jul 21, 2014, 1:50:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info