[HELP] My first melee ranger build

'Sup guys, I'm starting a new ranger, and it's my first time planning a build (haven't been playing that much). I'm aiming for a dual axe wielding char, using Iron Reflexes to boost my armor and Ondar's Guile to help me with archers (active skills will be tested on the move, so I've got nothing on that matter)

This is what I've got so far, a 69-points build with my 2 core keystones

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73r2o6-nLOlbPd0NW69OKimlcHIDhxut7g6VZlb6dEF3138r1op1ThEepo3o9rZBNJNjcO_jQzHS6pStZfAj9u_wWkgbyF4ThO907XrvYEsFLUCgnrnvTijb3-8dyhhNeElngCi1YVK_1USesHPstvH0U7tWBIZgME_BoxNM

Does it look feasible or is it a huge pile of crap? Where should I focus my remaining points? I think I'm lacking some spell resists, but I'm not sure how to fill the tree from now on

Any feedbacks will be greatly appreciated
Thanks!!
So using IR with Ondar's Guile will not work as your'e imagining. If you get a lot of evasion and run Grace it will all be converted to armor leaving you with 0% chance to evade. With Ondar's Guile you will have 0% chance to evade * 2 = 0% chance to evade projectile. So its best to choose IR or Acro+Ondars and go the evasion route. You are dual wielding so i'd recommend going IR since evasion works best when paired with high block. Hope this helps any confusion.

As far as your tree goes, i would probably go with something like this:

Since you're not getting RT you might end up wanting to switch to swords if you feel like you are lacking accuracy since they have implicit accuracy rolls.
Last edited by BigsMcGee on Jul 21, 2014, 4:42:06 PM
I misunderstood IR, I thought that it ADDED evasion to armor (yeah, should've known that seemed a little op)

I'll stick to axes because of aesthetic reasons, so I'm guessing I could trade some dmg for accuracy, or at least attack speed to compensate

Will surely try out that tree with aforementioned tweaks on the road depending on how she feels. Thanks Bigs!
Last edited by ParanoidLynx on Jul 21, 2014, 6:09:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info