My Dead Horse

This is my first character ever and I'm in the one month league.

Passives

I'm level 61 and having a blast... when I farm a level 59-60 area (Fellshrine etc). My issue is I that I can not seem to progress any further in the game, and I want to since he is my first and I do not believe he is broken. So my question...

Is he salvageable? What am I missing that is making it so difficult? I am currently running dual strike/multistrike/melee splash/added fire dmg as main attack with anger or elemental resist aura (depending on situation, usually resists) and a few traps to help ease some situations. I have decent health and evasion. I love this build for not looking anything up so I wouldn't mind trying to save it. I either wreck groups no problem or just get one-shot. So I get half a level then lose it over and over. Is this a gear thing?

My last question is, considering I haven't met anyone and have just been enthralled with trying to chop through mobs I haven't made any trades and have a decent amount of currency; would it be horribly difficult to change this passive tree into a bow spec? Keep the survivability-remove one hand stuff, add crit/bow? I have a bunch of maps and I'd like to try them some day before month is over.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I know the tree isn't the best, and I'm not rerolling as I work in Aerospace and don't have massive time to play. Thanks in advance.
Looking through some other posts during down time, I assume my gear is lacking. Post right above this, guy has a sword that's 200 dmg when mine are just over 100. I guess I just need to keep farming or something. I don't know.
Tree looks fine (especially if this is your first character). Just get rid of those trap passives

Evasion is usually used by ranged characters. It can by played as melee too (it is not suggested for begginers though), but those builds need some other defensive mechanics as well, preferably high block chance.. Most players who play melee in east area of the tree use Iron reflexes to turn evasion into armor (but this means probably unspeccing Acrobatics, because it halves the Armor)

The easiest way how to transfer your build to ranged (while keeping your damage passives and evasion) would be phys spectral throw build. With physical damage weapon, your auras should be Hatred (as it is based on your phys damage, instead just being flat add like Anger) and Grace (your tooltip chance to evade should be above 45%). Another option is using fast weapon and flat elemental auras (Wrath, Anger) and going popular "elemental buzzsaw" build (but that would make your %phys damage passives useless)

In merciless you should have high elemental resists (I suggest 50% in Act2 and 75%+ in Act 3+), and high life. I would say 2500 life is minimum in end of Act 2 merciless. This is obtained from +Life on gear and %life passives.. so good gear = gear with life and resists.

Are you playing strictly selffound? If not, visit poe.xyz.is and search for some upgrades there (at least your weapon). At hte beggining, I suggest not paying more than 1 chaos orb per piece

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jul 21, 2014, 11:25:05 AM
Thanks man! I completely jumped right in and all gear was found. I looked at poe.xyz and couldn't figure out how to buy from people, just got some price info and again had no luck trading in game. I've tried trade chat but never got any response just run off by spam but that is okay.

I only brought up the bow idea because I saw someone play a shadow with a bow, using lightning strike I think and it looked so nasty. My life just creeped over 2k and I think my resists are 50% at most, it is definitely a weak point for me. Maybe my evasion isn't as good as I thought? I know my energy shield is practically non-existent and I do not know about armor.

Previously I had another trap node as well, I must've overlooked that one with the last time I tweaked my tree. No idea how that stayed in there, that will give me at least a few extra points when I figure out which way to go.
"
Pariias wrote:
Thanks man! I completely jumped right in and all gear was found. I looked at poe.xyz and couldn't figure out how to buy from people, just got some price info and again had no luck trading in game. I've tried trade chat but never got any response just run off by spam but that is okay.

I only brought up the bow idea because I saw someone play a shadow with a bow, using lightning strike I think and it looked so nasty. My life just creeped over 2k and I think my resists are 50% at most, it is definitely a weak point for me. Maybe my evasion isn't as good as I thought? I know my energy shield is practically non-existent and I do not know about armor.

Previously I had another trap node as well, I must've overlooked that one with the last time I tweaked my tree. No idea how that stayed in there, that will give me at least a few extra points when I figure out which way to go.

When you look at poe.xyz it lists the sellers name (or click the link to look at their thread) take their in game name and attempt to friend request them, then once they are on-line you can trade.

There is another setting that will only look for on-line players if you don't want to wait.
What is your...

...life
...energy shield
...fire resist
...cold resist
...lightning resist
...method of healing (pots, LGoH, Life Leech, Regen)
Trading isn't required- you can advance without it and have plenty of fun.

What IS required is (likely) to upgrade your gear. Usually people asking this question discover, on posting their gear, they've missed something important or outlived their gear twenty levels ago. It's not too hard to fix, especially at your level.

Link your gear.
Fyi the game is designed to get much harder right around your level, which is why you're having trouble. I bet it's easily fixed.
Ok so not figuring out how to link my gear.

"
Nemmerle wrote:
What is your...

...life
...energy shield
...fire resist
...cold resist
...lightning resist
...method of healing (pots, LGoH, Life Leech, Regen)

Life: 2250
ES: 80
Fire: 75
Cold: 55
Lightning: 75
Healing pots.. very little life leech.

Played all morning today, had a docks group. I'm useless to them, other than a meat shield. So close to giving up.
Last edited by Pariias on Jul 22, 2014, 12:52:31 PM
After looking at the passives a bit more, if I got rid of the acrobatics/phase acrobatics nodes I think I can get to Iron Reflexes. With the large amount of evasion I have, maybe this beefing up of my armour would be a step in the right direction.

Would anyone support this change?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info