Flicker-sTerminusCoC-Strike, need help for an unsuccessful respect

Hi,
It may began by a big mistake, but coul lead to a funny trip.
Here is the idea (as best as a 5am a tired brain can do)

This unjoyfull shadow is a master at dying it could even die at Sarn.. 2800 Es lv 61 27% phys..max res..but still unjoyfull, can do cast on crit can do flicker but all pretty bad and gear dependant. .

My goal is to atain lv 80 to 82 but with fun whish it don't give right now.
Currently im too tired to try but I would like to do CoC with both ST and flicker, but I cannot think about a skill that will synergize well with flicker and I also guess, to be different it has to be without unsinergizing support, so, no multistrike and maybe no melee splash.

Its a challenge, your welcome to share tought but in a positive or constructive way please
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Well, build? Items? Links?
I have tried with my cast on crit character to put a 4linked Flicker (mostly for mobility) and it ended up pretty nice. Here was my links :

Flicker + Cast on crit + Ele prolif + shock nova. Idead was to juump and shock stack the pack. Then use my primary skill to kill it.
You need quality for the shock nova to shock? where was that, what level, n merciless or already in maps ?

Thanks, i have given up for now to make a shadow Terminus Est,
here is the actual tree

I decided to take the path of dagger and dual ungil, swapping Arctic breath for coldsnap if a defensive Cyclone is needed (it consumme many charges) and the possibility to go very spell blocking with a daressos'courage. It made Piety run and lv 67 seweer failry easy.

Having Fireball as the main spell (the least boosted by the passives) made me not fire (pun intended) REflectand 79% fire resist

Gears

It will be a very hard project to make this viable and doable.
I also starting to relevel a duelis, flicket striker, IR and Terminus est up to lv 85 to see how it goes, and how to translate that in the elemental langage ;)

Not that i'v given up, but i need to learn a few things in order to make this a success if possible.

Three of the duelist

currents gears

Below is the wasted divine in order to get a decent roll from the lowest roll and the previous sword used. I can say, that even if the upgrade seem pretty useless, using Terminus EST can be instantly felt, more charges! So even with no critt passives, at 6% it critt fairly often ;)

The downside is much critts node are near the shadows and a most blades nodes under the duelist and the most bueatifull node for crit are up the templar :O
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
i just think i foud a way, it's so popular and at the same time very unpopular in party ;)
DISCHARGE!!!! it's the obvious choice!

i just tested it on my coldsnap templar! It was so obvious i couldnt see it... sleeps then later ill update it i think it could even be viable endgames!
I've thought a lot about coc flicker... Played a CI flicker in domination and loved it.

CoC discharge flicker would be very very hard. Frenzy charges are almost like the health bar of a flicker... if you have them and good leech then you are very very very hard to kill.

The problem is discharge blows all your frenzy charges. Unless you can guarantee that every discharge will kill 1+ enemies it will play super clunky.

The best idea I've seen for CoC flicker is flamesurge... to stack damage you could throw RF on top, which would mean anything you hit is taking 50% more damage since flame surge does more damage to burning target, and OFC you get more spell damage from RF. You could also just have a bit of fire damage on gear to ignite targets.

That will work OK but it's not that great. To be sustainable every single flicker must kill 1+ enemies... that will probably work for a while but in higher level maps you would run into serious issues.

I'm going to keep thinking about CoC flicker but I still haven't come up with anything good.

ST CoC is quite strong and theres a shadow build that scales extremely well into late game with ST CoC. Basically you run arctic breath and either fireball or arc, there are several solid ST CoC variants. You can run it with a tabula and a dagger with decent crit. There's even a dual wield ungil's build on the scion forums that looks solid too.
Last edited by reaperpi on Jul 25, 2014, 12:01:36 PM
"
You need quality for the shock nova to shock? where was that, what level, n merciless or already in maps ?

That was in maps. I had a 105 quality shock nova. If the shock nova crit, the whole pack would be shocked anyway.

But i used it has a truly ''support for movement'' skill.
I played a bit with romira Blanket (pun intended ) and Terminus Est, tough it work best with Cyclone. I also use Deodre elixir, but with all thèses gear spot taken you really need to build to work arround it: taking the crit chance in near the templar.

Romira will quickly build your Ligtning Charge, and you will critt often, Each discharge Fully replenish your Frenzy charges, every critt, will also replenish.

the issues there is to balance phys damage, cause manacost is still hudge, i dont know yet what is better: life, CI, but certainly not Low-Life (also that's why i dont really think CI is good, but as i NO experience with it)

CI will imply Ghost reaver and you need the templar Ele/AO node and the 2H critt node near it.
You also need the Frenzy charges, duelist and ranger, and maybe a bandit. I think it's better to wait for the new tree, but i wont let it go down ill continue to thocraft and try a way.

As i finaly made a viable Cyclone CoC Staffer! and a fun one to play :)
Staff used

Flask:

Belt and jews

No blood dance, no Blood rge

Currently too low level to handle a higher AA Level, and need 3 purity to handle IF, and need 12 to 20 more level to be very effective, man regen is also too low, despite the 3.9k mana, regen is only Under 189/s
have to wait for new respect to fine tune it. Then had T-Est in the equation. What is good with Romira and an average of 25% flat crit chance, is^that you will mostly crit when at full charge and not before, doing very great damage.
ColdSnap still cannot Freeze Dominus (maybe in a trap) but up to 68 all mob included rare (lv 17 only, tough Q20)

And i also dream to make a Flk-STR build without Blood dance.. but, come on that 6% regen... how to overcome the need to use it!
Last edited by WIKARINA on Jul 28, 2014, 5:52:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info