Level 100 now attainable under a month?

"
mucker wrote:
I think it is a good thing if pvp is going to ever get serious. Heavyweight class!

pvp ain't out yet, they'll find a solution to allow a balanced one purely based on players skills, not players free time.
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
Last edited by jeonitsoc on Jul 21, 2014, 5:58:27 AM
"
jeonitsoc wrote:
"
mucker wrote:
I think it is a good thing if pvp is going to ever get serious. Heavyweight class!

pvp ain't out yet, they'll find a solution to allow a balanced one purely based on players skills, not players free time.

That's not really necessary initially. They just need to setup a system that incentivizes pvp(their planned tourneys). It doesn't have to be balanced to be fun, PoE is still a pve game. pvp still has a lot of variety from what I've seen.

Also agree with rrtson. More people reaching 100 doesn't take away from the endgame. PoE is all about going from build to build and 100 is still a huge time commitment.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 21, 2014, 6:02:52 AM
"
jeonitsoc wrote:

Once PoE's pace of content release slows down, more people will turn to PvP for their excitement fix. Right now, there are new skill gems, new uniques, new builds constantly popping up in each new monthly patch. GGG gives a steady stream of content for people to strive towards, so most people are busy doing that instead of PvPing. There's really no way to add in "balanced" PvP without having an entirely new set of rules.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
"
jeonitsoc wrote:
"
mucker wrote:

Oh, let it be a total wipe and timed leveling. ROFL
JK, JK...
"
ventiman wrote:
1st problem

2 ring
2 weapons
1 helm
21% exp increasethoe items are not affected by exp penalty

2nd problem

carto boxes you dont need to build up a mappool anymore you just find one of those boxes and will snowball your mappool from there

3rd problem i think ggg never expected ppl pump 14h+ on a daily basis into their videogame

That is so overstated. All you have to do is find one? Just find it? Like one just needs to find a crown of eyes or just find a shavronnes wrappings.

I played ambush and didn't find many in maps. Sometimes the pool does run dry.

Yes, they help when you find them and roll them correctly but I think they are constantly overstated.

And yep, people can use the increased xp gear and the ones that hit level 90+ in days haven't been away from their computer in days.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:
1st problem

2 ring
2 weapons
1 helm

2nd problem

carto boxes you dont need to build up a mappool anymore you just find one of those boxes and will snowball your mappool from there

3rd problem i think ggg never expected ppl pump 14h+ on a daily basis into their videogame

That is so overstated. All you have to do is find one? Just find it? Like one just needs to find a crown of eyes or just find a shavronnes wrappings.

I played ambush and didn't find many in maps. Sometimes the pool does run dry.

Yes, they help when you find them and roll them correctly but I think they are constantly overstated.

And yep, people can use the increased xp gear and the ones that hit level 90+ in days haven't been away from their computer in days.

I agree. They are not that common, and certainly not common enough that you don't have to worry about a map pool anymore, no where near that common.

The only reason people reach level 100 is because they play for absurd amounts of time (GGG can't balance a game around the extremely small percentage of people who can do that. Most people can't play that much). Also because there are 78 maps now, and maps are cheaper and bigger overall since the map changes were made. You also have the change to exp gains to consider. And for the small amount of time that boxes were in HC leagues, that helped also.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jul 21, 2014, 1:05:24 PM
"
ventiman wrote:
1st problem

2 ring
2 weapons
1 helm

2nd problem

Yeah farming a mappool is so much fun right? Man, that should be the core gameplay. Maybe they should also add a "guess which bit comes next and if you're wrong we'll do 'format c:'" game to the patch-process. That will be loads of fun too.
"
rrtson wrote:
ARPG's like D2 and PoE are first & foremost about loot, and the infinite number of builds you can do with that loot. Reaching level 100 more easily doesn't diminish the end-game experience.

It might even mean that people are more incentivized to try builds that they weren't able to achieve with a level 70 or 80 character.

This right here.
I wouldn't bet that one person played the character... but a team of four or five. That right there takes it out of the realm of reality for most people.

But a month has a whole mess of time in it if you use the time efficiently.
"
ventiman wrote:
1st problem

2 ring
2 weapons
1 helm

2nd problem

1st Problem: Wearing all of that experience gear comes at a heavy price, being survivability and damage, so if people are willing to carry someone who is obviously not pulling their own weight, then that's their choice.

2nd Problem: GGG already mentioned they were going to cut back on the potency/frequency (don't recall exactly which, but Chris mentioned something about them), so this won't be as much of an issue when they reach Standard/Hardcore.

3rd problem: You care too much. If people want to waste their lives away with playing a video game for 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, then they deserve to reach 100. I personally begin to get a migraine after just a few hours, so more power to them.

The fact that you guys have made a thread about this only means one thing: you need to go outside more often. There is life beyond Path of Exile and the virtual world. I promise.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info