Wasteland 2

Ive been waiting on this game since Black Isle Studios' Project Van Buren (codename for the true Fallout 3) was canned and Bethesda took the IP in a whole other direction.

Anyone else a fan of oldschool cRPGs going to give InXile's next one a go?

Spoiler

Spoiler

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 20, 2014, 7:42:30 PM
Looks pretty cool, always considered buying it.

Only thing holding me back is a backlog of so many good games I want to play and only so much time. Clearly a 1st world problem and a good one at that. In general since the indie developer paradigm shift we had some years ago the market is flooded with so much good titles that one is barely able to keep up with all of them!
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 21, 2014, 6:12:35 AM
I really wanted to but the price is ridiculous so will wait for humble bundle in the distant future.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Ya 60$ is a little pricey. its the only reason I haven't jumped in yet, expect the full release to be cheaper since the one they are currently selling with the beta access is the "Deluxe" edition
"
TheWretch wrote:
Ya 60$ is a little pricey. its the only reason I haven't jumped in yet, expect the full release to be cheaper since the one they are currently selling with the beta access is the "Deluxe" edition

This is a price I'd understand if the game wasn't kickstarted with a boatload of cash. I'm not saying it should cost 20 bucks but sweet lord, this is a territory of AAA titles with no "pre release sales" which is what kickstarter is. Early access can go to hell, why can't they give a bog standard digital download without unnecessary shit that somehow manages to increase the price.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

This is a price I'd understand if the game wasn't kickstarted with a boatload of cash. I'm not saying it should cost 20 bucks but sweet lord, this is a territory of AAA titles with no "pre release sales" which is what kickstarter is. Early access can go to hell, why can't they give a bog standard digital download without unnecessary shit that somehow manages to increase the price.

In most cases I would agree. The reason here (excuse?) was that the price they charged their KS backers for that very same content was 60$. They didn't want to undercut their early supporters so the price stayed high and they threw in those extras. End result though.. ya 60$ is a bit steep. id be willing to pay 40$
I fear this is where you and I may part paths regarding game tastes. Hardly a deal-breaker -- it is a poor friendship that rests on nothing more than taste in games. But to me, this looks like more X-Com, and I still haven't finished (or even really started) Enemy Unknown on my tablet. So I'd feel very...wrong getting into this when I have a game quite like it just sitting there.

Meanwhile, I'm all in for koreabooby side-scrolling Shadow over Mystara/Dragon's Crown silliness in the form of Dark Blood Online.

...Thank goodness Larian made Divinity: Original Sin!
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
I fear this is where you and I may part paths regarding game tastes. Hardly a deal-breaker -- it is a poor friendship that rests on nothing more than taste in games. But to me, this looks like more X-Com, and I still haven't finished (or even really started) Enemy Unknown on my tablet. So I'd feel very...wrong getting into this when I have a game quite like it just sitting there.

Meanwhile, I'm all in for koreabooby side-scrolling Shadow over Mystara/Dragon's Crown silliness in the form of Dark Blood Online.

...Thank goodness Larian made Divinity: Original Sin!

In terms of combat, you're right, its almost identical. There's so much more to this than just fighting though, Xcom doesn't have a million branching paths but I get what you're saying.

Poor?! Jerk. ;)
Divinity Original Sin is a fuckin gem, if anyone hasent played that yet do so ASAP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info