GGG, why can't I cancel the auras I don't want to benefit from?

Hi.

I don't want Anger aura in my Explosive Arrow//Elemental Equilibrium build, it hinders my free ability to play in parties like I so much enjoy.

Thank you.

Sweet regards,
Player_n_98686487

PS: Thank you for this game.
IGN: INativityInBlackI/Unchainedd
ask the one using the aura to turn it off? Or dont party with someone with that aura? Why would it matter? Change your playstyle to fit the parties needs.

Also, this is a suggestion and it has already been made.
Elemental Equilibrium really should disable the ability to benefit from the elemental auras when projected by allies.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
EE is an awful keystone in pub parties anyway, there needs to be coordination for it to be worthwhile. And if there's coordination, then you can simply tell the person with the anger aura to turn that shit off
Last edited by Septile on Jul 20, 2014, 5:48:02 PM
Proposal:

Elemental Equilibrium
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistances to those Elements and -50% Resistances to other Elements

You no longer benefit from offensive auras projected by allies.

Solves all the problems. If you want haste run it yourself.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Fine and dandy unless you are raising monster resists on the elements the other 5 people in the party are using. If I were an arc witch and you raised monster lightning damage I'd think you were an [removed by support]. Elemental Equilibrium is just not a party friendly skill unless everybody in the party uses the same type of elemental damage.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 21, 2014, 12:09:51 PM
"
ask the one using the aura to turn it off? Or dont party with someone with that aura? Why would it matter? Change your playstyle to fit the parties needs.

Also, this is a suggestion and it has already been made.

Hi, your response is irrelevant. Thank you.

"
Autocthon wrote:
Elemental Equilibrium really should disable the ability to benefit from the elemental auras when projected by allies.

You could benefit from some of those auras I suppose, better would be just to right click on the buff and simply make it go away till next instance. Simple as that.

"
Septile wrote:
EE is an awful keystone in pub parties anyway, there needs to be coordination for it to be worthwhile. And if there's coordination, then you can simply tell the person with the anger aura to turn that shit off

True, but why bother him/she with that when the solution is a lot easier. Just make the buffs optional. There.

"
mark1030 wrote:
Fine and dandy unless you are raising monster resists on the elements the other 5 people in the party are using. If I were an arc witch and you raised monster lightning damage I'd think you were an [removed by support]. Elemental Equilibrium is just not a party friendly skill unless everybody in the party uses the same type of elemental damage.

Exactly my point.
IGN: INativityInBlackI/Unchainedd
How was my comment exactly your point? I said EE wasn't a party friendly skill. You seem to say Party play isn't EE friendly. You want to boost your damage at the expense of everybody else in the party who do skills with the elements you raise the monster resists on.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 23, 2014, 12:45:43 AM
It's a very powerful keystone, and has a drawback, you either play around the drawback or don't use it. If they allowed you to ignore the auras from party members so as not to disrupt your EE set up, they would have to nerf the benefit to balance that. Also there are several ways to overcome the ele aura damage issue to apply the EE debuff you want. Instead of setting it with an attack, use a spell or a trap.
It's inconvenient with an EA build where you typically put your stacks of EA on targets then spam them with split arrow with a bit of lightning or cold damage.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jul 23, 2014, 4:27:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info