Found a cartographer strongbox +5 level in merc act 3 and got ...

Found it in Solaris Temple merc difficulty. Was surprised because I thought they didn't spawn outside maps. Used som alts and got +5 level. but it dsropped nothing. Not a single map. WTF??
Cart boxes outside of maps cannot drop maps higher than 66. By rolling +5 you may have - just speculation here GGG would have to varify - caused the box to roll map drops that it's secondary roll decided could not indeed drop.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
Only +x additional items guarantees drops. It is frustrating when nothing drops. I've rolled boxes to have +8 items and gotten exactly 8 items from them. Anyway, slatra is correct in that you would only have gotten 66 maps from that box since you were not in a map.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
yep those boxes drop 0-4 maps or something like that
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Also it seems +x lvl doesnt guarantee +x lvl maps will drop from a given cart box at all. I think it just makes the +x lvl map a possible drop. I have gotten lvl 66 maps out of a +x lvl box in 70+ maps.
op is a bug description. these properties shouldn't roll on cart boxes outside maps.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
op is a bug description. these properties shouldn't roll on cart boxes outside maps.
Why not? All + chest level does is increase the item level of the stuff that drops. So you have a 66 map with an item level of 70. You've never had a 66 map drop in a 70 map? Same thing.
I don't know if it is a bug, but I got six lvl 67 maps from a strongbox in merciless docks today.

it was a rare box with:

+5 chest level
+x additional items
+5% quality

German chat: /global 4745
"
Wofferl wrote:
I don't know if it is a bug, but I got six lvl 67 maps from a strongbox in merciless docks today.

it was a rare box with:

+5 chest level
+x additional items
+5% quality

Maybe because it's a race? It's not something people normally see. Could be a bug. Could be that GGG is changing it on purpose. Time will tell.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
Yeah, I never saw that happen in Ambush. The only time I ever got higher than 66 maps outside of a map was when I chanced a cart box into the unique and got 2 Vaults of Atziri and a Maelstrom of Chaos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info