Whatever the next signature is....

PLEASE add a practice mode league for it. People should have a fair advantage from the first signature race to the last that way. The learning curve can be dealt with in people's own time and it would greatly make it so people who have a hard time meeting the horrendous schedule a fair shot with those that can attend every single race.
Going to have to disagree.
If it's a special race such as dc, descent or whatever new they may come up with, there should never be a practice league, outside of the occasional 24 hr event.
I just want something skill based. Not something in which people get carried by items or by lucky rng.
"
terrex wrote:
I just want something skill based. Not something in which people get carried by items or by lucky rng.

Playing the wrong game bud ;)
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
"
boof wrote:
Going to have to disagree.
If it's a special race such as dc, descent or whatever new they may come up with, there should never be a practice league, outside of the occasional 24 hr event.

Why not?

I know GGG has said in the past that the Descent races don't hold up in longer play sessions, and there would probably be nothing stopping "casuals" from slow-playing them as if they were playing Diablo 1 (since a player-specific timer might be tricky for ggg to implement), but if they were provided for the sole intention of race practice then there should be no such expectations.

Personally I would have loved the chance to practice a class other than Duelist this season, but since I was point whoring this season, I couldn't justify playing anything but the class I thought I could do the best in for 99% of races. A practice mode would have changed that.

I suppose it might cannibalize people from the other leagues, which might be bad for the health of the game as a whole? (no time to apply MTX's when you are rushing to halls 3!) People might also grow sick of them, reducing race attendance? (Although I'm sure some will argue that the opposite would happen!)
Last edited by Fightgarr on Jul 21, 2014, 12:20:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info