Flicker Strike/Discharge theory crafting

So I'm considering running something like this for my next build. Can anyone provide some feedback?

The main idea is utilizing the insane attack speed from a flicker strike supported by multistrike, PC on crit, and blood rage to provide max frenzy and power charges on character. Additionally, the character will have CoDT linked to enduring cry and warlocks mark to build endurance charges as well. Finally, a heavily supported discharge will be linked to Cast on melee kill.

I believe the DPS with a 2H sword with such a high amount of crit/dmg/attack speed/life leech will work wonders for single targets while discharge with max charges will be excellent crowd control.

I have no worked out the passive tree yet (just theory crafting at 3am @ work xD), but I think notable keystones will be: CI, ghost reaver, vaal pact, MoM, and unwavering stance.

CI will inoculate the character from blood rage damage while providing high dmg from melee dmg on full life gem to boost flicker strike. Ghost reaver, vaal pact, and MoM combined should make for a very tanky (nearly reflect-proof) character. I plan to grab every life leech node on the way through the tree.

LINKS:

GLOVES
blood rage
empower
enhance
? (not sure what to use for 4th skill)

BOOTS
cast on damage taken
enduring cry
warlords mark
decoy totem

HELM
haste
reduced mana
discipline
empower

CHEST
Flicker strike
PC on crit
multistrike
increased critical strikes
increased crit damage
melee dmg on full life

2H SWORD
discharge
increased aoe
ele. proliferation
concentrated effect
life leech
cast on melee kill

My main concern is that discharge will consistently cast before sufficient charges are collected. I may choose to run discharge actively and instead link to an increased critical damage, burning damage, or something along those lines.
Actually, might be better to place warlocks mark in with blood rage, empower, and enhance, and replace warlocks mark with immortal call. Then, the discharge will always at least replenish endurance charges and my survival will increase in mobs jumping around and desyncing with flicker strike.
help mee i think this build can be interesting!
well, firstly, cast on melee kill needs to be socketed with both the attack and the spell you want it to cast, so that current setup won't work.

secondly, in order to bypass the cooldown of flicker strike you need frenzy charges, which will be used up whenever you discharge.

This kind of build can be done, but it needs a six link, high crit, high damage and cast on crit instead of on melee kill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info