You know auras are broken when...

"
"
Sawm wrote:
"

Actually it is why reddit is the perfect place for a serious discussion. Someone posts a horrible idea and the players instantly recognize that the idea is indeed horrible and downvote.

So you say auras are totally balanced? cool bro.

Also the reddit is very known for down voting ANYTHING , I dont even post just read and some of the posters are...probably children.

You have no justification for thinking they aren't balanced. Every build needs one or two. That is not a problem to anyone except you and other irrational players like you.

Or maybe you are complaining about shav low life users. Do you think the game should be balanced around a super rare luxury unique?!

Please actually put some thought into your opinions on game balance before spouting trash.

What? I dont care if its op I love op shit, my builds almost all invest massive amounts of points into auras and all are broken strong, I enjoy being strong i have no complain, I am here telling you they are unbalanced because I know they are not because I think, I truely dont mind having strong things in the game, auras are just too easy take no brain to use and give the best dps the best defenses and it gives it to others around you also. imo having anything above 3 auras on yourself is just too strong, the whole "put shitlaod auras in life and use bm" is cute, but imho boring, auras are too easy, and give too much they should be minor buff's theres already curses, those are strongggggg but no one complains because you need to use it it works as intended. Again its my opinion that auras are over powered but facts stay:

Auras are way too simple, im stupid as hell, especially when it comes to math, takes me for ever to make builds EVER because I rethink everything recalculate, but auras xD ez as fuck. i just get as many as humanly possible and it makes me strong, I would MUCH rather auras be something you toggle on and off depending on situations, like switching hatred for determination in 1 or 2 clicks without having to wait for 9000 years for mana to regen or have to switch gems around because everything needs to be linked constantly with boring RMC haha.

(recently found shav + coe also, kinda bumped my aura's op, tho if auras are op wtf is bloodrage , XD)

I think i was clear right? its just my opinion, auras ezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmodeeeeeeeeeee.

p.s Unless you dont know how to trade, or dont know how to spend your cash in poe, no item is unattainable, mirrors + mirror weps are very very long, but even my noob friends who started are now wearing some after not even half a year of poe. ( new leagues ) shav is NOT out of reach to anyone except someone who doesn't know how to play :) its a legit item anyone can own, its about perseverance and who ever wants it most gets it, if you truly want a shav and go lowlife you will do it. no reason not too.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Last edited by Sawm on Jul 21, 2014, 12:03:17 PM
"
Grumlum wrote:
this basically destroys solo-play completely.

i disagree with this opinion. I'm a solo player myself, and it is not the intention to "destroy" solo play. But solo play should NOT be dependent on auras. Maybe this opens up new possibilities like buffing elemental support gems or elemental mods on equipment, or passive skills. But this can currently not be done because any such buff would just simply be amplified by auras.

"
party play becomes mandatory

Again, this is not the intention, nor do i think will it happen.

"
Running several auras has always played a major role in building a strong and viable solo character.
that is true, and this is precisely why i dislike it. it's the opposite of build diversity.
Auras make up for shortfalls in your gear. Do you really want to make the game more gear dependent?

I don't mind that every build uses auras. They don't all use the same auras, so I would call that diversity.

I made a build in Domination that needed very little resists on gear. I ran all the purity auras. Those auras gave me flexibility (diversity) in my gear choices. Remove grace and it's like removing a 2000 evasion chest Armour for an evasion character. How would that promote more diversity? You'd have to make up for that in your gear. Same with Discipline for an ES user. You can't equate auras to no build diversity. The exact opposite is true. If anything, there need to be even more aura choices.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 21, 2014, 2:04:30 PM
"
h3rp3s wrote:
Apparently OP doesn't read announcements or he would have realized they are already nerfing snap shotting next patch. ;/

Auras aren't broken, snap shotting is.

/thread

Even without snapshotting, auras are still massively overpowered. Every build uses them. And no, not just one or two. Most builds are better off using as many auras as they can possibly find a way to support.

"
Remove grace and it's like removing a 2000 evasion chest Armour for an evasion character. How would that promote more diversity? You'd have to make up for that in your gear. Same with Discipline for an ES user

Or they would have to rebalance the game around the fact that everyone would no longer be running 5+ auras, meaning that you would no longer NEED that extra 2000ev or whatever.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Using this logic, support gems are in a weird place too. As is the flask bar.

You make some absolutely terrible analogies. Support gems are necessary because they were designed to be that way. Skills are balanced (toned down) in a way to accomodate support gems' ability to multiply the linked spells' damage/effectiveness.

Secondly, flasks are nowhere close to the mandatory nature of auras. In fact I have 2 current builds that don't rely on flasks at all: A CoC EK and a RF Mjolner. They are able to clear content up to Atziri without having to pop a single Granite/resistance flask.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Jul 21, 2014, 5:21:48 PM
"
Hodari wrote:

"
Remove grace and it's like removing a 2000 evasion chest Armour for an evasion character. How would that promote more diversity? You'd have to make up for that in your gear. Same with Discipline for an ES user

Or they would have to rebalance the game around the fact that everyone would no longer be running 5+ auras, meaning that you would no longer NEED that extra 2000ev or whatever.
So we should just rebalance the game so nobody needs nothing? I never said anything about having 5+ auras. I was talking about specific auras. They give build diversity by allowing you more options in gear. Why do you want to fundamentally change the game and remove diversity by forcing you to get what you get from auras on your gear?
"
rrtson wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Using this logic, support gems are in a weird place too. As is the flask bar.

You make some absolutely terrible analogies. Support gems are necessary because they were designed to be that way. Skills are balanced (toned down) in a way to accomodate support gems' ability to multiply the linked spells' damage/effectiveness.
So why do you assume that Aura's weren't designed the way they were designed?

"
So why do you assume that Aura's weren't designed the way they were designed?

Have you not been paying attention? The existence of the Blood Magic keystone proves that GGG didn't initially intend to have all builds rely on auras.

The fact that no viable builds currently use the BM keystone highlights the problem, because the alternative of using your mana pool for auras is infinitely better.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Jul 21, 2014, 5:59:31 PM
"
h3rp3s wrote:

Auras aren't broken, snap shotting is.

/thread
"What have you become when even nightmares fears you ?"
Auras aren't broken, your idea of what the game "should be" is just different than what it "is".

There's nothing wrong with everyone using auras. We all equip items, flasks, skill gems, and support gems too. Are flasks "broken"? Because I'd like to see you play without them.

Stop thinking so small, it's fine if you disagree with a design philosophy, but stop acting like it is a known fact that your opinion is exactly how the game should be. Just because auras aren't a prominent feature in other ARPGs doesn't automatically make them a problem here.

And Blood Magic builds, while niche, are totally playable. I have a dual totem Marauder who absolutely rips through stuff without a single aura.
Team Won

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info