You know auras are broken when...

you make a reddit thread suggesting a rework, instantly get 12 downvotes and a private message screaming

"are you retarded bro, do you want to BREAK EVERY SINGLE BUILD IN THE GAME?"

and i'm like... if every single viable build is completely dependant on auras i think we have a problem with an ARPG that sells itself as something with deep customization and limitless options.
Last edited by H4xolotl on Jul 20, 2014, 2:45:20 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
agree, elemental weapons should be able to be done without auras, they are simply too strong at the moment. If they do rework them, they need to buff elemental damage on weapons somehow, to make it viable that way.
It is a deeper problem

Another half of this situation is 'attack speed is the key'.

The way attack speed scales damage is just as responsible for current dagger domination. Who shall use 1.1aps weapon in this game when 2.1aps does the job twice as good?
"
HasuKishi wrote:
agree, elemental weapons should be able to be done without auras, they are simply too strong at the moment. If they do rework them, they need to buff elemental damage on weapons somehow, to make it viable that way.

Even though sidtherat is spot on with attack speed, I've thought about this too for a while and I think making ele builds work from gear is through a rework of three game aspects:

1) %ele dmg with weapon nodes in the tree (not enough and too low values)
2) rework of auras in general (too uber, should be a nice bonus, not main damage)
3) Reducing %resists on monsters in late game
Last edited by Thalandor on Jul 20, 2014, 1:42:14 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
It is a deeper problem

Another half of this situation is 'attack speed is the key'.

The way attack speed scales damage is just as responsible for current dagger domination. Who shall use 1.1aps weapon in this game when 2.1aps does the job twice as good?

I'd say this comes down to an even deeper problem: that usings twice as much mana a second doesn't actually matter.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
I've said this when i started playing, and again the last time auras were reworked.

to me, "auras" work completely the wrong way. they should affect everyone EXCEPT yourself. maybe like 10% of the aura effect applies to yourself, and possibly a few skill nodes or uniques that increase this value.

Auras should be primarily for summoners or party support characters. not for everyone.
Apparently OP doesn't read announcements or he would have realized they are already nerfing snap shotting next patch. ;/

Auras aren't broken, snap shotting is.

/thread
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Jul 20, 2014, 3:28:31 PM
Ele buzsaw in budget form requires no snaphot whatoever. It can be pushed to extreme with shavs ll and crown of f.. balance but it is all overkill

Snapshot is out of this topic.

Auras are broken currwntly. Esp with how efficient are 'aura effect' nodes
"
_Eddi_ wrote:
"auras" work completely the wrong way. they should affect everyone EXCEPT yourself.

I agree with this completely, and I'd love for the game to work so that the primary purpose of auras is party play/minions. For now, they are essentially passive skills that you buy with gem slots (and mana) instead of passive points. This makes them mandatory when optimizing a character, and that's a shame.
"
instantly get 12 downvotes

and this is why you must never actually use reddit for any kind of serious discussion
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info