I feel dirty.... (tried ele buzzsaw for the first time)

"
I always wanted to try an ele build, maybe I will.
I also always sucked at determining which items are good and which aren't. Found some weapons and some jewelry in my stash, not gonna post all of them but.... Will these items work ?
Spoiler

Alt a blue foil with base 1.70 atk speed untill you get a atk speed roll that puts it over 2.0 atk speed the augment + regal. If you get lucky on the augment or regal you'll get some ele dmg on the weapon but its not of huge importance since 90% of your dps comes from using super high atkspeed and aura passives make wrath/anger do most of your dmg.
that sword is fine for buzzsaw and the atk speed and 2 ele rolls came from about 30 alts a few augs and a regal, I exalted chaos resist and vaal nothing just for shits and giggles.
Now rolling ele dmg belt and jewlry that doesnt suck is the hard part.
Last edited by H4T3MONG3R on Jul 20, 2014, 9:10:01 AM
"
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
If you're not using Anger and Wrath where 80% of buzzsaw damage comes from - you haven't experienced anything yet :)

It's not elemental damage or even Spectral Throw that's at fault. Buzzsaw is just another example of aura abuse:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/975836

Proper use of auras is not abuse...stop trying to ruin the fucking game.

It's already been ruined by snapshotters, aura abusers, and Legacies.

We're just trying to fix it.

legacies? ah, you play standard! well then... meh...

this game has many build viable, it's obvious that with many players, some build will come up being stronger than others, it's meant to be like this. in time, small changes to fix those build from being to strong are made, letting leagacy item to appear. in older patches, you were able to stack up almost all the auras with simply EB and Reduced Mana Gem and some ES gear; now to do so you have to spend many points in the tree. it is balanced. it will be further balanced in the future; this game is evergrowing, and everchanging.

lol
i don't get it, why standard players whine about legacy items? op builds? not being able to put their hands on uber rare unique shit?

standard league = QQers meeting club?

i want to belive that somebody who enjoy the calm, non-competitiveness, farming routine of standard still exist.

standard is for that, to chill and relax, what else could it be for?
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
Last edited by jeonitsoc on Jul 20, 2014, 9:52:35 AM
Whats aura abuse? Running XX amount of auras without snap shotting isn't aura abuse, the reduced mana reservations in the tree allow you to run 4 auras without anything other then reduced mana gems. Which I'm pretty sure is intended, otherwise I'm sure GGG would mention rebalancing auras nodes once again.

Running 3 auras without snap-shotting isn't aura abuse - Ele Buzzsaw doesn't need any of the defensive auras to be effective, they're just a bonus.

There is nothing wrong with having effectively powerful builds in the game, for both cheap and expensive costs. One direction encourages newer players to actually see end-game, whilst the other allows more experienced players to create and perfect more interesting builds. Sure there needs to be a fine balance and if running 3-4 auras just by picking up all the mana reservation nodes in the tree isn't intended, I'm sure there will be a re-balance of auras or the nodes themselves to address the issue.
Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
Last edited by Isindel on Jul 20, 2014, 11:10:04 AM
"
RogueMage wrote:

It's already been ruined by snapshotters, aura abusers, and Legacies.

We're just trying to fix it.

Snapshotting is being removed. You are not trying to fix anything, because nothing is broken. You are just trying to brick any build that has 2 or more auras. You are trying to ruin the game.

Check that out I can use bold as well.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Jul 20, 2014, 12:30:21 PM
"
Isindel wrote:
Whats aura abuse? Running XX amount of auras without snap shotting isn't aura abuse, the reduced mana reservations in the tree allow you to run 4 auras without anything other then reduced mana gems.

Everything that works well in this game is an abuse in some people's opinions :) You have to deliberately gimp yourself to be a true hardcore gamer :D
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
You are not trying to fix anything, because nothing is broken.

LOLOL, that white knight suit does make you look fat.
"
phoenix4dota wrote:
Your EK spec must've been awful when it's outclassed by using slow foil with random WED jewellry. It can't even be called buzzsaw when you are not using auras defining that spec.

Well for starters... It's a HC build that can't use the necessary links/auras until later on anyway. And this also carried me from a3 norm to a3 cruel, at which point I switched back to EK. The game is pretty much a murder fest up to that point, but random buzzsaw gear was just murdering faster.

No need to be an asshole.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
lol what are u even doing with your ek, 1k dps?

yeah sure ele buzzsaw is very strong but it doesn't mean ek is trash by comparison. ek is good enough for endgame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info