Lightning Strike Staff? Question

So I found this today in museum map and my marauder molten strike really wishes it had % fire damage but I think maybe it's better for lightning strike?

So could a lightning strike build us avatar of fire and convert lightning to fire or does that s of remove the benefit of shocking? Any point in doing that or is Avatar just for specific builds? I just thought it might be interesting to have streaks of fire that could chain.

Spoiler

Never found a phys staff this good before just curious.

Oh and are mods used up? I think it has acc and phys as vendor was going to give me more than an alt, an alt plus 2 shards.
Last edited by raziekeljr on Jul 19, 2014, 4:23:05 PM
If you don't get an Aug, there's a free affix slot.
Lightning Strike is good with Crits and Lightning Damage, to quickly stack Shock on everything you hit. AoF would instantly destroy that (unless you grab the Three Dragons, but why Convert in the first place then), and the Staff only has 6.5% Crit Chance. Eh.
I had a feeling about that need for crits on LS build and probably more speed too. So really, the 25% is probably not very useful on this weapon, a resist would have been better or crit chance etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info