Is desynch still a major issue?

"
Tom1989 wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:
WillyWonka, a popular PoE streamer, died this past week in the 1 month race due to desync.

Link to Twitch, and related reddit thread.

His face says it all.

was he acting? the funny thing was zooming his fucking face in full screen.

Of course he made a big thing out of it on purpose, he had viewers watching him, he wants to entertain his viewers.

As many others in this thread, I have been waiting for desync to be fixed for over a year now and I have lost all hope in their ability to fix it. While desync is really friggin annoying, its not stopping me from playing the game, but I would enjoy it a lot more if it was gone.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
CrazylikE wrote:
As many others in this thread, I have been waiting for desync to be fixed for over a year now and I have lost all hope in their ability to fix it.

Me too. I just sit in town a trade all day. Can't die to desync if I'm sitting in town :/
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Nope Desync is not a "Major" Problem.

The "Major" Problem is that 99% of the ppl who complain about Desync, are...

-Dont die to Desync, its in most cases Stunlock! or Blocklock! (Example vid of popular Player, who dies to stunlock and call it desync! http://youtu.be/4-YdDCb7_MI )

-Have a Shit PC / Internet and FPS / Latency Problems from there Side!
*I play with 100-200ms and nearly NEVER desync*

-AAAAnnnd the last but not least Point: Most pll that qq About Desync, have NO FUCKING CLUE, what desync REALY is.
Cuze if they know how the Game "calculate" Special Things/Encounter in this Game, you can Avoid Desync nearly!!! (not total) all of the Time.

In 2 years Playing, 2k+ Hours, i died exactly 1!!!! Time to Desync, rest was bad play / no clue about stun/block mechanics /" insert random stupid shit here"

So dont Listen these Guys!

Game have other Problems, but it isnt Desync!

Light
Last edited by Lightshard on Jul 20, 2014, 1:28:06 PM
"
Lightshard wrote:
-Dont die to Desync, its in most cases Stunlock! or Blocklock!

You don't need to to die a lot to desync, for it to be a very annoying problem. Player stun related desync is a major issue.

"
Lightshard wrote:

-Have a Shit PC / Internet and FPS / Latency

All irrelevant, except latency. I run with constant 40 - 50ms and there is still a shitton of desync. Especially player stun related desync and mob collision related desync.

"
Lightshard wrote:

-AAAAnnnd the last but not least Point: Most pll that qq About Desync, have NO FUCKING CLUE, what desync REALY is.
Cuze if they know how the Game "calculate" Special Things/Encounter in this Game, you can Avoid Desync nearly!!! (not total) all of the Time.

I don't think YOU know what is desync -_-

How do I avoid clicking on the special horde of mobs that is desyncing through the narrow doorway, without twisting my hand with shift all the time?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Lightshard wrote:
Game have other Problems, but it isnt Desync!

ಠ_ಠ

I've never complained about it, but it does happen and it is a problem. Desync shouldn't be something the players adjust to in the first place. One could say that other games have desync as well but it isn't as bad as Path of Exile where you get beaten the fuck out of you in another dimension, then it combines with reality and well, rage ensues.
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Jul 20, 2014, 1:57:03 PM
came back after 1 year hiatus. played for ~1 week. made a ranged character and had some fun. made a melee character and remembered why i stopped playing poe.

poe is a really nice game in so many aspects, but the 2-3 glaring problems it has ruin it for me.
If they do not address the biggest fundamental problem with Poe which is the most glaringly obvious one, Poe is tanking hard and soon. Reddit is full of threads regarding Desynch and GGG cannot remove those ones. The problem has been ignored for too long and countless posts about it have been taken down on these forums. GGG is spending too much time making micro cosmetics and the money grab is almost over. So many players including the most respected top players have already quit because of this issue. The game simply cannot be played the way that players want to play it. ''How can you play melee when you do not even know if you are actually two screens back stuck behind a wall?'' Is one of the quotes and is a very relevent one.

Yes it is a major issue and is ultimately the downfall of the game unless they overhaul the entire way the server interacts with the client.

What GGG needs to do is put everything on the back burner. New areas, new content, new acts, micro-effects and get desynch fixed because everyone is getting off the bus. Everyone thought that Poe was the real cure for D3's failure. The reality is is was not. The game itself is amazing but it is unplayable for melee classes. I'll be spending my money on Grim dawn in the meantime. Fix Desynch GGG or simply accept the fact that the money train is almost over.

Perhaps Poe2 will be much better from the ground up.
Last edited by rob16437 on Jul 20, 2014, 8:22:24 PM
yes desync still is the cancer of this game and its not going to be fixed.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
"
morbo wrote:

How do I avoid clicking on the special horde of mobs that is desyncing through the narrow doorway, without twisting my hand with shift all the time?

Rebind "stand still while attacking" to "A", which is the common button for stutterstep-micro...

The options menu is there for a reason. ;)
I came back after not checking my topic for a day, I didn't think it would be this popular!

GGG, I beg you, please fix this! I will reinstall the second you do. Until then, D3 (ugh) and Grim Dawn (if it's good, and Titan's Quest was very good).

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Last edited by cebrux on Jul 20, 2014, 9:49:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info