Is desynch still a major issue?

Desync isn't really an issue, agree with dirk here.
"
symban wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
It's worth stressing that in 99% of combat events, everything feels fine.

99% is actually Really. Fucking. Bad. 99% means in any given 100 seconds, 99 seconds will be desync-free, but will contain 1 second where you desync. In other words, roughly every 1.65 minutes, you will experience desync.

Other games like DotA 2, Starcraft 2, or Diablo 3 are probably pushing numbers like 99.99% desync-free. Before you ask, yes that extra .99% does actually make a big difference. It means out of 10000 seconds, there will only be 1 instance of desync (AKA roughly every 166 minutes). And it seems like it too. Whenever I play D3/SC2/DotA2 I almost don't feel like there's desync at all.

TL;DR: Math is cool.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Jul 19, 2014, 11:30:13 PM
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
"
otinanai2 wrote:
You can make cyclone desync less by shift-clicking it. Still, it's sad that the most fun skill in the game is the most prone to desync and the devs haven't made any effort to improve it.

WAT?

Have you even read the post I just linked? Or are you just trolling?

Your post is irrelevant because it's just another promise. What matters is that cyclone has seen zero improvement since the day it was added to the game (1.5 year ago).
"
otinanai2 wrote:
Your post is irrelevant because it's just another promise.

The implication being that the lead developer mentioning work is being done and progress being made it is just a lie?

Whatever, man. Chose to believe that if you wish. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but it is your prerogative.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
It doesn't have to be a lie to be insincere. Looking at their past attitude and responses wrt desync, its pretty clear they're not really putting much effort into alleviating the problem (you can't begin to solve a problem if you don't even acknowledge there is a problem in the first place!).
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
"
otinanai2 wrote:

The implication being that the lead developer mentioning work is being done and progress being made it is just a lie?

Whatever, man. Chose to believe that if you wish. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but it is your prerogative.

I have lost my trust to GGG when it comes to netcode a long time ago. It seems to be very low in their list of priorities despite it being the #1 issue for their players. Whatever Chris says I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes.
"
otinanai2 wrote:
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
"
otinanai2 wrote:

I have lost my trust to GGG when it comes to netcode a long time ago. It seems to be very low in their list of priorities despite it being the #1 issue for their players. Whatever Chris says I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes.

Trust me GGG know thats its their main problem... and they try all to fix it...but i think the problem is deep and in the main system...so it isnt easy to fix
Bayern des samma mia
"
gilrad wrote:
(you can't begin to solve a problem if you don't even acknowledge there is a problem in the first place!).

Well, there is this giant thread in the the development manifesto on it which includes specific things they're currently working on.

I expect they haven't posted an ETA because as Chris said, they're just not ready to go live yet.
I logged in today after having spent a year or more without playing.
Played about 15 minutes and realized that the desync still exists unfortunately.
For those who only plays hardcore is not possible to play with this desync.
"
rrtson wrote:
WillyWonka, a popular PoE streamer, died this past week in the 1 month race due to desync.

Link to Twitch, and related reddit thread.

His face says it all.

was he acting? the funny thing was zooming his fucking face in full screen.
Last edited by Tom1989 on Jul 20, 2014, 3:19:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info