Is desynch still a major issue?

Hi, I played a lot of closed beta/open beta, but I quit 6 months ago due to the insane desynch with Cyclone builds.

I would love to come back to this game (I even supported it with beta packs cause I liked it that much), but is a Cyclone build even playable?
Desync is still a major issue.

Cyclone is "playable" if you get used to it like many have and play around the desync. I don't personally recommend trying it out if that is what made you quit.

Thanks for the quick reply.
"
cebrux wrote:
Is desynch still a major issue?

Yes.

"
cebrux wrote:
Cyclone

Double yes.

"
cebrux wrote:
but is a Cyclone build even playable?

Not really. Cyclone is one of the worst offenders of desync still. You have to shift-click everywhere, and even then, you still get desynch.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Damn, I would really have enjoyed playing my duelist again.

It pains me to say this, but back to D3 Strafe Hunter. I need my spin 2 win fix somehow :(
WillyWonka, a popular PoE streamer, died this past week in the 1 month race due to desync.

Link to Twitch, and related reddit thread.

His face says it all.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Jul 19, 2014, 2:18:20 AM
"
cebrux wrote:

It pains me to say this, but back to D3 Strafe Hunter. I need my spin 2 win fix somehow :(

Strafe hunters suck though ;V You can't infinite strafe as well as before (Before RoS), it has super low damage percentage (Enemies have like a billion health now) and the strafe items themselves suck.

Don't get me wrong though I love the strafe build, they buffing all of the other demon hunter attacks so you don't have to go sentry/marauder set.
"
rrtson wrote:
WillyWonka, a popular PoE streamer, died this past week in the 1 month race due to desync.

Link to Twitch, and related reddit thread.

His face says it all.

His facial expression... priceless..
Standard IGN: LaHhRip
Yes, Cyclone is still very prone to desync, would not recommend.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
cebrux wrote:

Strafe hunters suck though ;V You can't infinite strafe as well as before (Before RoS), it has super low damage percentage (Enemies have like a billion health now) and the strafe items themselves suck.

Don't get me wrong though I love the strafe build, they buffing all of the other demon hunter attacks so you don't have to go sentry/marauder set.

I agree, it's definitely not a T6 build (or T5/T4/T3), but I actually clear T2 pretty easy with it.

As for the "infinite" part, the build uses a 2H crossbow, so the resource drain is quite a bit slower than dual wielding. I also run Blood vengeance, which restores hatred/disc on health globe pickup. I find that I am forced to use my bat activate for Hatred maybe once per session (2 or 3 rifts). For 6 or so weeks, I have yet to actually run out of Hatred.

It took me a long time to perfect the build for my speed hunter, but it's fun, it involves some tricky mechanics that make it all possible, and I clear a rift in 5 or less minutes with it. Strafe is getting buffed too, so I'm excited to maybe move up to T3 lol.

Back to the PoE topic, I love PoE in many respects, but it seems I won't be returning to cyclone duelist.

I also have a lightning spec shadow, are there any cool builds I could do with him? I'm looking for an excuse to re-install PoE if you can't tell :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info