Mines need to get their own art.

Pretty simple; it's a bit weird that mines have the same art as traps.

There's also a significant gameplay consideration: mines require manual detonation, where as traps are set & forget. The trap art often blends in with Wraeclast's dark and dingy art, which is completely irrelevant for traps (again, set and forget), but can make keeping track of your seven mines quite tricky in darker and crowded maps, making positioning more difficult then it should be. Giving mines their own art would completely alleviate this problem, as well as help distinguish mines as a separate skill.

Mines don't need exceptionally fancy art, a small disc/orb/caltrop would be fine. I'd just suggest that they be given some sort of small, visually distinctive FX that activates after the arming time has completed - some sort of glowy, smokey thing. This FX would ideally make tracking easier, as well as make the fact mines have an arming time more apparent, since the trap art does a poor job of conveying the arming time.

The effect could be slightly different for distinct mine skills, such as freeze mine, which would help even further when using multiple types of mines.

(Also, a few cheap 10-point MTX re-skins that change at least the FX colour would be lovely)

Last edited by ComradBlack on Jul 19, 2014, 12:54:27 AM
+1

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
I support this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info