July 19th - New Zealand magazine interviews 3 GGG founders

"
orcasdli wrote:
You have to put a dragon in a sword & magica game.
Wait,you already put it in?
OK,if you count the bones in Coves in :(

Those are whale skeletons
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
Charan wrote:

Ironically we all argued against that during Closed Beta because we felt that Supporter-only forums would be divisive and bad for community cohesion.

Wow, did we ever not know what the fuck we were talking about.

We ALL argued against, are you sure Charan? Because I seem to recall that I proposed supporter only forums multiple times. So uh, some of us knew what we were talking about.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Thanks Chris' parents!
BLAMT!
"
Zelpo wrote:
Thanks Chris' parents!

What he said.

---

Thanks for the link.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

These are the best parts of the article, trashing all hopes of casuals for PoE to become like D3. And I love it.

"
In early 2007 the trio moved out of the bedroom of Wilson's New Lynn home and into his garage - he doesn't drive, so it wasn't used for much else - where they spent eight months doing nothing but talk, research and play as they figured out exactly what it was about different games that inspired obsession.

"

Exile's appeal had several strands. First, it's aimed at hardcore, adult gamers rather than kids or the mass market. Path Of Exile isn't only a difficult game to master, it offers a bewildering array of options in how it's played. "I guess we just built a game we'd want to play ourselves," says Wilson.

And the very best:
"

So we feel a real responsibility to give people a good time, an adrenalin rush, and there is a definite psychology to doing that. Games have to be rewarding, but you can't give fans everything they ask for, sometimes we have to do what we think is best for them - it's like we're parents on a grand scale."

Thanks GGG, keep your vision!
"
mushioov wrote:
These are the best parts of the article, trashing all hopes of casuals for PoE to become like D3. And I love it.

"
In early 2007 the trio moved out of the bedroom of Wilson's New Lynn home and into his garage - he doesn't drive, so it wasn't used for much else - where they spent eight months doing nothing but talk, research and play as they figured out exactly what it was about different games that inspired obsession.

"

Exile's appeal had several strands. First, it's aimed at hardcore, adult gamers rather than kids or the mass market. Path Of Exile isn't only a difficult game to master, it offers a bewildering array of options in how it's played. "I guess we just built a game we'd want to play ourselves," says Wilson.

And the very best:
"

So we feel a real responsibility to give people a good time, an adrenalin rush, and there is a definite psychology to doing that. Games have to be rewarding, but you can't give fans everything they ask for, sometimes we have to do what we think is best for them - it's like we're parents on a grand scale."

Thanks GGG, keep your vision!

It don't get much more casual than trading for the win.

=)
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
I never got the D2 comparison with PoE. To me it feels nothing like D2. I get that chris et all played D2 but PoE is waay different.

Well, even if we don't consider the mechanics, general artstyle and color schemes which should ring a bell for anyone who played D2 (for instance Luth Golain sewers and Sarn sewers), there's also a couple of more direct nods to D2 like for instance that artificial night quest which works - and is solved - in a very similar manner as it was in Diablo's act 2.

Just wanted to add that, have fun in Grim Dawn :)
"
Tom7i wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
I never got the D2 comparison with PoE. To me it feels nothing like D2. I get that chris et all played D2 but PoE is waay different.

Well, even if we don't consider the mechanics, general artstyle and color schemes which should ring a bell for anyone who played D2 (for instance Luth Golain sewers and Sarn sewers), there's also a couple of more direct nods to D2 like for instance that artificial night quest which works - and is solved - in a very similar manner as it was in Diablo's act 2.

Just wanted to add that, have fun in Grim Dawn :)

The map is a cheap rip-off aswell. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info