How Random is the selection?

Its the most up to date information they have regarding the beta selection process. troll somewhere else. jesus i need a copy and paste for this shit.
Last edited by Marasg89 on Oct 2, 2011, 1:52:16 PM
i dont need people speaking for me i said it right the first time. thank your for your heartfelt concerns though.
Doesn't really make what I said any less true. Instead of slinging insults, you could try, y'know, critically thinking.
"
Marasg89 wrote:
Ok lets do the math real quick. one person is selected every 25 minutes. Im going to round up to 30 to make things easer. thats 48 people a day that get selected. According to a comment posted by chris(Grinding Gear Games) people are still asking for beta keys that are already selected for betas. Hmmm. so how many of the 700 some odd people are actually playing the game. when most dont even know theyve been selected? Wow. Just...Wow.
You fail at math if you think it's ok to round up 20%. If you want to see some real math that holds its weight enough to allow conclusions, read here.

"
Marasg89 wrote:
i grow weary of these forums.
No one will be upset if you leave. You can do it as dramatically as you wish, with a long, ranting post about why you're highly displeased with the beta selection process and the community that refused to believe they're as mentally handicapped as you told them.

You're the one trolling here. You're making assumptions whilst lacking the necessary information to back up your claims. You're placing yourself above everyone else, as if you're superior out of pure existence without any merit. Try being more polite and less accusing; people would be more willing to have a civil exchange of ideas.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
Jonathan wrote:
Hi, I am the lead programmer on Path of Exile.

The purpose of doing a closed beta is so that we can scale our servers slowly. As we control exactly how many accounts get into beta, we can make sure that the servers have reached our performance goals before adding more players.

That said, before we let players in we want to establish reasonable confidence that we can scale to the level of users that we need to deal with. The way we have been doing this is with load testing bots.

By the end of closed beta, we are confident that we will be able to scale to meet the demand for Path of Exile.

We take security very seriously. First and foremost we must make sure that item economy is legitimate and we have taken great pains during the development of Path of Exile to make sure that this is the case.

The key to good security is defence in depth. In addition to carefully auditing all the code related to item manipulation, the databases that store the items are isolated from the servers that the players connect to. Every item has a unique identifier, so that if a dupe happens, one item will annihilate the other upon saving to the database. These, along with other measures should ensure that the item economy is secure.

However, nobody is perfect, and because of this we have been using a very good game hacker to attempt to find exploits in our servers.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/834/page/2
"
Lace wrote:
"
Jonathan wrote:
Hi, I am the lead programmer on Path of Exile.

The purpose of doing a closed beta is so that we can scale our servers slowly. As we control exactly how many accounts get into beta, we can make sure that the servers have reached our performance goals before adding more players.

That said, before we let players in we want to establish reasonable confidence that we can scale to the level of users that we need to deal with. The way we have been doing this is with load testing bots.

By the end of closed beta, we are confident that we will be able to scale to meet the demand for Path of Exile.

We take security very seriously. First and foremost we must make sure that item economy is legitimate and we have taken great pains during the development of Path of Exile to make sure that this is the case.

The key to good security is defence in depth. In addition to carefully auditing all the code related to item manipulation, the databases that store the items are isolated from the servers that the players connect to. Every item has a unique identifier, so that if a dupe happens, one item will annihilate the other upon saving to the database. These, along with other measures should ensure that the item economy is secure.

However, nobody is perfect, and because of this we have been using a very good game hacker to attempt to find exploits in our servers.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/834/page/2

This. Good job finding that, I was trying and didn't know where to look :P
I am not a female, but I really wish I was. <3
On a scale of random numbers , 27

http://www.wastedtalent.ca/comic/randomly-random

^^
according to these forums there are a lot of people who are already accepted and havent logged in. in fact it could be multiple accounts being accepted by someone that already has a code. in which case they arent obtaining the ammount of players they had actually intended to obtain. Ignorance will not warrant a response. i rounded up so other people could figure the math out easily. i do believe this isnt posted in the off topic section. so insulting me will simply get you ignored. After all im here for information or speculative theories. you know, intelligent stuff? So by all means flame and troll but dont be surprised if those more intelligent than you simply ignore you. that will be all.
So creating multiple accounts to get into the beta actually works then. ok so dont be pissed at me when im sitting on ten codes and you cant get in at all. Brilliant. Thats all i needed. it seems theres something to be learned from the ignorant as well. Im dont with this forum. I never said i was disinterested in the game either. i said the forum. I suppose i was a little cruel too. i shouldnt look down on people that cant read because it came easier to me. So at least ill gain SOMETHING from this utterly fuck useless forum.
"
Marasg89 wrote:
according to these forums there are a lot of people who are already accepted and havent logged in. in fact it could be multiple accounts being accepted by someone that already has a code. in which case they arent obtaining the ammount of players they had actually intended to obtain. Ignorance will not warrant a response. i rounded up so other people could figure the math out easily. i do believe this isnt posted in the off topic section. so insulting me will simply get you ignored. After all im here for information or speculative theories. you know, intelligent stuff? So by all means flame and troll but dont be surprised if those more intelligent than you simply ignore you. that will be all.

How do you expect GGG to determine who gets a beta invite and who doesn't? Other than you thinking you deserve a key more than other people, obviously.

If GGG feel they need more players, I'm sure they're smart enough to do what needs to be done to achieve that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info