Graphics options

"
petden wrote:
I don't care if you think the game would look bad in videos and screenshots if you added more graphics options. I just had to kill Dominus with 10 FPS. I won't buy a new computer, because I don't have money.

Give us graphics options. Disable rain. Disable fog. Disable the blood thingy in corrupted areas. Disable ground effects (or option to draw a 2D 20% red blob on the ground instead). Disable every laggy effect in the game.

Everything should be enabled by default. And to disable you have to agree never to take any screenshot, video or show anyone your game, because you're so fucking worried what other people think about the graphics.

I don't care about graphics. Diablo 2 had better "graphics", because I could play that with stable good FPS. Playing under 30 FPS is just no enjoyable. The badly optimized graphics are the biggest problem in the game.

they have to improve their engine by a lot but GGG have no people working on it. And i think they dont do it in the future. Last time as they did something for the performance was as they changed the aura effects but in my opinion this was only for the Aura MTX. They just needed a reason for the people in hope that they believe that they are doing this for performace instead of making money. They could have simply implemented a graphic option " enable / disbale aura visual effects ".

Dont expect graphic options in the future, GGG´s focus is now new content and more overpriced MTX to hold their playerbase and making more money untill their PoE2 is finished in a couple of years. Maybe then with a new improved engine.

edit//

activate the chat cost me 50fps. I think thats a good example for this bad engine. I am curious how much performence the whole interface costs.
Last edited by chack on Jul 18, 2014, 2:25:42 PM
"
chack wrote:
Last time as they did something for the performance was as they changed the aura effects but in my opinion this was only for the Aura MTX.

when the game started some years ago, devs said they earn their money only by selling microtransactions to make your char look good, i suspected they have these ugly character skins for exactly that reason, sell better character skins. turned out to be false as well.

but even if it's the case that they killed the look of old auras to sell prettier ones, they imo deserve the money they make from it and it doesn't affect your gameplay having a non noticable default aura.

if you support the company and show your support by buying mt it should be noticable, shouldn't it?

"
chack wrote:

activate the chat cost me 50fps. I think thats a good example for this bad engine. I am curious how much performence the whole interface costs.

the current engine is really bad when it comes to render text but they fixed it in a patch to come. just look it up in the announcements.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Off Topic: Aura graphics were "nerfed" because of screen real-estate and clutter. These are already significant issues as projectile multipliers and AoE effects are in extreme abundance; minimizing the graphical effect of auras (especially in large parties) was one of the ways they could clean up the screen without the expense of diminishing main skill's graphical feedback (the reason why they don't want to reduce their effects; they need to be noticeable). It was a trade off.

On Topic:
Yay OP.
Boo naysayers. Booo!

Suggestion: Apply a watermark to screenshots or videos recorded with low graphical settings. Bam.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
tinko92 wrote:
Because the lack of (or severely reduced quality) of rain and those laggy skill effects would make PoE look a lot uglier, to the point where geradon wouldn't even try the game.

yeah, whatever .. you probably win that argument and i exaggerated. in the long run poe isn't attractive for players who go for brilliant graphics anyway.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
miljan wrote:
Not having more options to lower graphic because of streamers and video is one of the stupidest thing I heard for a long time now.
#Lemetrollit

If i play as ''Shadow'' and remove ''Shadow'' in graphics?
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
petden wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
Not having more options to lower graphic because of streamers and video is one of the stupidest thing I heard for a long time now.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
I don't think PoE's image is a valid argument when you can already lower graphics to runescape levels via the files.
I don't think disabling fog and a few other effects would help your framerate very much.

I can't believe people's computers struggle to play this game. My other PC doesn't even have an integrated graphics card and it runs great on 1080p resolution (it just has an a8-3850 processor / apu which was only like $80 and 2 gigs of RAM).

How can people be so terrible with their money management that they can't even afford parts from 3-4 years ago to play a game? Seriously.
"
ViperThunder wrote:
I don't think disabling fog and a few other effects would help your framerate very much.

My FPS is fine until I enter the top of The Sceptre of God (rain), Solaris Temple (fog thing in the bottom), corrupted area (swirling blood thing) or a map with ground effects. Disabling these would definitely improve my framerate, by a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info