Graphics options

I don't care if you think the game would look bad in videos and screenshots if you added more graphics options. I just had to kill Dominus with 10 FPS. I won't buy a new computer, because I don't have money.

Give us graphics options. Disable rain. Disable fog. Disable the blood thingy in corrupted areas. Disable ground effects (or option to draw a 2D 20% red blob on the ground instead). Disable every laggy effect in the game.

Everything should be enabled by default. And to disable you have to agree never to take any screenshot, video or show anyone your game, because you're so fucking worried what other people think about the graphics.

I don't care about graphics. Diablo 2 had better "graphics", because I could play that with stable good FPS. Playing under 30 FPS is just no enjoyable. The badly optimized graphics are the biggest problem in the game.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
petden wrote:
I don't care if you think the game would look bad in videos and screenshots

i care.
ever tried to complain at crytec because crysis won't start on your celeron based rig?

gameplay videos are the main advertisements for this game, there isn't a big commercial budget for it. if it looks shitty people won't even come here and try playing it.

imho the game's look is ruined enough with health bars.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 18, 2014, 7:12:32 AM
So 10 FPS videos are better, right?

Edit: More people will leave the game when they see they can't enjoy it because of the bad performance.
Last edited by petden on Jul 18, 2014, 7:16:39 AM
"
petden wrote:

not nessesarily.

but there are always reasons and ways to solve such a problem.

"
petden wrote:

No, it's better so see racers play with untextured polygonial graphics (accessible though .ini file settings only) that look like smeared shit, because it's the only option that offers 100% fluid gameplay.

I bet people watching streamers racing on those ugly settings has no impact on how the game is percieved. It's hardcore retro, bro! :P

E:
Oh yeah, and the average observer would think PoE has no support for shadows at all, because everybody has them disabled, for better performance.

But "more graphic options would ruin the PR department" :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 18, 2014, 9:25:52 AM
People disable shadows?
Not having more options to lower graphic because of streamers and video is one of the stupidest thing I heard for a long time now.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
People disable shadows?

Oh, yes... (or lower their quality) Especially when racing & grouping. But I think you know that, juat kinda trollin' :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 18, 2014, 10:20:23 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
People disable shadows?

Oh, yes... (or lower their quality) Especially when racing & grouping. But I think you know that, juat kinda trollin' :)

hint hint: the shadow character type ... .

"
miljan wrote:
Not having more options to lower graphic because of streamers and video is one of the stupidest thing I heard for a long time now.

ok, then it's just me being stupid enough to get a first impression of free to play games by looking at them.

if it's a online mag showing them there may be aditional background info which will catch my attention. but if it's just people streaming and it looks crappy i wouldn't be much motivated to get more information.

on a related note: this is totally different for games having a pay wall or paid subscription because if you have to spend money to enter you always get more information beforehand and the look of the game has a lesser priority.
Because the lack of (or severely reduced quality) of rain and those laggy skill effects would make PoE look a lot uglier, to the point where geradon wouldn't even try the game.
And yet now, streamers and other players who record stuff, often either disable or lower the quality of shadows, use TQ 2+ in the .config file, etc.
Yet strangely, that's alright.

Epic stuff people, epic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info