The Dream

"
Natharias wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
^ lol

Overpowered, amirite?

I can't possibly think of anything more overpowered.

Well I mean clearly, this game is way too difficult. Because despite it being a game designed by gamers, for gamers, I mean I can't get a 6L in three fuses and I don't bother learning how certain unique items can interact with other ones in order to make powerful combinations.

I mean, I certainly don't want to know how Anvil and BoR combined with Saffel's Frame adds up to a lot of spell block and makes Atziri farming easy, or how using a high block shield with Anvil in conjunction with enduring cry and self-cast immortal call makes the tri-boss practically laughable.

Why would I learn mechanics or build my own player skill? I just want to hold down a button and kill Maltheal and Baal.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/987384
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
^ lol

Overpowered, amirite?

I can't possibly think of anything more overpowered.

Well I mean clearly, this game is way too difficult. Because despite it being a game designed by gamers, for gamers, I mean I can't get a 6L in three fuses and I don't bother learning how certain unique items can interact with other ones in order to make powerful combinations.

I mean, I certainly don't want to know how Anvil and BoR combined with Saffel's Frame adds up to a lot of spell block and makes Atziri farming easy, or how using a high block shield with Anvil in conjunction with enduring cry and self-cast immortal call makes the tri-boss practically laughable.

Why would I learn mechanics or build my own player skill? I just want to hold down a button and kill Maltheal and Baal.

Ikr? So damn hard.

Buff life to 99999999k and nerf enemy life to 0.00001 nao.
That entire in-depth forum post that you obviously spent time working on can be summed up with the words "this game is too hard for me."
"
thundermonkey wrote:
That entire in-depth forum post that you obviously spent time working on can be summed up with the words "this game is too hard for me."

+1
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
thundermonkey wrote:

Which is what the OP is saying. I'm making fun of it, even if he is trolling about it.
As much as the situation worsened with the community just can not be express their opinions without it to get the insults and trolling in your address for an opinion. So much anger and negativity only for the protection of the majority? Now minorities have manage and make everyone silent, why so much hatred?

All are just trying to see what they want to see and do not see a lot of good views and changes (Suggestions), it is so typical brainwashed and young people.
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
As much as the situation worsened with the community just can not be express their opinions without it to get the insults and trolling in your address for an opinion. So much anger and negativity only for the protection of the majority? Now minorities have manage and make everyone silent, why so much hatred?

All are just trying to see what they want to see and do not see a lot of good views and changes (Suggestions), it is so typical brainwashed and young people.

Was that supposed to make sense?

If you don't speak English well, don't use Google Translate or any automatic translator.
Ill post this here too:

To make a statement:

Path of Exile is a game designed for Hardcore players. This means the game should be hard. An overall buff to the game is wrong, thus most of your suggestions are therefore never going to happen. No complaints about not being insightful (im not even going to go down this route) but more in the sense: You probably dont fully understand how the game is supposed to be. Only invasion ever was too over the top for the game, but they admitted that it was too far (in the beginning, pre-nerf for sure)

Anyways, ill address in short some things that are currently applied to this game:

Its a meta-based game. Each Month/Race/Challenge league other things will be played for the majority, this is more amplified by the Dev-team changning the numerical values of items and skill all the time. Its not just to nerf OP and buff UP but also to keep the game flowing.

Crafting (the base mechanics) and its RNG are fine. It keeps the game interesting, keeps the players addicted and doesnt enable you to actually complete the game by just buying all the items you need by grinding. You actually need to be able to trade and have some luck. A fun anekdote: There was this guy (me) who never dropped GG items like shavs and mjolner, but kept playing for the full 1 month race, because, he was having fun, with his balanced build, trying to grind up to those upgrade, while his guild mate, just 1 week in, dropped a mjolner. He sold it. Bought a full arc-witch set of items, including 21 gems, and Facerolled. After a day, he donated all his gear to the guild because he was bored.

Many Unique items are in the game, meaning never ever will they all be used mainstream. Some are generally strong, meaning they are used in many builds. Mostly because they are flexibel more than sick items. Take a look at lightning coil, carcass jack and cloak of defiance. None give you the insane amounts of power items like Koam's heart give, but they are used a lot more. Niche uniques dont need to be buffed (you are talking about stuff like ming's heart needing a buff?). They are strong in their own way and its the players task to find out how. This makes for items like The anvil (that thing is op already, why make it stronger) being cheaper than they deserve, but also rewarding those inventive players because they are so cheap but still strong none-the-less.

Some builds are actually overpowered. Yes. Its hard to balance a game, but, instead of changing up everything in the same time, directly making the game into a new whole meta, maybe even having other stuff be OP, maybe just change a couple of things at a time instead?
Some things I think are going to happen:

Burn - Nerfed. The main spellcasting skills are using burn prolif and dont die to reflect without doing anything towards it. At least other spellcasters have to use a flask or use a purity.

Arc - Slightly adjusted. Its almost in the right place, but all the other lightning spells crumble compared to it. Or maybe buff the other spells. Maybe remove crit chance from arc and buff the other spells crit chance to 5%, its just a delicate difference actually.

ST - Nerfed, but not too much. Actually, imo, it should either be non-compatible with daggers, or not able to crit. That'll sort out everything about it.

DD - It should scale with lvls. Not pure dmg. Cast speed. Have the cast time doubled and reach normal lvls at lvl 20. combined with burn being nerfed it should solve it 100%.

Low Life - CI - Life Meta - They are going to pull life and ES builds closer together in both affordability (tree-wise and gear-wise) and raw power/survivability. Giving more flat life per level solves the survivability for life, and directly also raw power. It'll make you able to reach the same life pool with less points for more dmg or same dmg but life pool comparable to at least the cheaper versions of Es Builds. Es nodes are going to be more prevalant on the other hand, to make Solaris lorica actually viable to get enough ES, CI able to switch earlier (currently its act 3 merciless mostly, and thats hard, meaning you either have hard times getting there because you cant waste too much points in life, or have to use loads of regrets)

This in my opinion is the core. Not soo much hassle about all the uniques needing to be buffed apart from shavs, CoE and mjolner, all skills that are able to kill atziri to be nerfed and vice versa everything that cant to be buffed.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
leary93 wrote:
Ill post this here too:

To make a statement:

Path of Exile is a game designed for Hardcore players. This means the game should be hard. An overall buff to the game is wrong, thus most of your suggestions are therefore never going to happen. No complaints about not being insightful (im not even going to go down this route) but more in the sense: You probably dont fully understand how the game is supposed to be. Only invasion ever was too over the top for the game, but they admitted that it was too far (in the beginning, pre-nerf for sure)

Anyways, ill address in short some things that are currently applied to this game:

Its a meta-based game. Each Month/Race/Challenge league other things will be played for the majority, this is more amplified by the Dev-team changning the numerical values of items and skill all the time. Its not just to nerf OP and buff UP but also to keep the game flowing.

Crafting (the base mechanics) and its RNG are fine. It keeps the game interesting, keeps the players addicted and doesnt enable you to actually complete the game by just buying all the items you need by grinding. You actually need to be able to trade and have some luck. A fun anekdote: There was this guy (me) who never dropped GG items like shavs and mjolner, but kept playing for the full 1 month race, because, he was having fun, with his balanced build, trying to grind up to those upgrade, while his guild mate, just 1 week in, dropped a mjolner. He sold it. Bought a full arc-witch set of items, including 21 gems, and Facerolled. After a day, he donated all his gear to the guild because he was bored.

Many Unique items are in the game, meaning never ever will they all be used mainstream. Some are generally strong, meaning they are used in many builds. Mostly because they are flexibel more than sick items. Take a look at lightning coil, carcass jack and cloak of defiance. None give you the insane amounts of power items like Koam's heart give, but they are used a lot more. Niche uniques dont need to be buffed (you are talking about stuff like ming's heart needing a buff?). They are strong in their own way and its the players task to find out how. This makes for items like The anvil (that thing is op already, why make it stronger) being cheaper than they deserve, but also rewarding those inventive players because they are so cheap but still strong none-the-less.

Some builds are actually overpowered. Yes. Its hard to balance a game, but, instead of changing up everything in the same time, directly making the game into a new whole meta, maybe even having other stuff be OP, maybe just change a couple of things at a time instead?
Some things I think are going to happen:

Burn - Nerfed. The main spellcasting skills are using burn prolif and dont die to reflect without doing anything towards it. At least other spellcasters have to use a flask or use a purity.

Arc - Slightly adjusted. Its almost in the right place, but all the other lightning spells crumble compared to it. Or maybe buff the other spells. Maybe remove crit chance from arc and buff the other spells crit chance to 5%, its just a delicate difference actually.

ST - Nerfed, but not too much. Actually, imo, it should either be non-compatible with daggers, or not able to crit. That'll sort out everything about it.

DD - It should scale with lvls. Not pure dmg. Cast speed. Have the cast time doubled and reach normal lvls at lvl 20. combined with burn being nerfed it should solve it 100%.

Low Life - CI - Life Meta - They are going to pull life and ES builds closer together in both affordability (tree-wise and gear-wise) and raw power/survivability. Giving more flat life per level solves the survivability for life, and directly also raw power. It'll make you able to reach the same life pool with less points for more dmg or same dmg but life pool comparable to at least the cheaper versions of Es Builds. Es nodes are going to be more prevalant on the other hand, to make Solaris lorica actually viable to get enough ES, CI able to switch earlier (currently its act 3 merciless mostly, and thats hard, meaning you either have hard times getting there because you cant waste too much points in life, or have to use loads of regrets)

This in my opinion is the core. Not soo much hassle about all the uniques needing to be buffed apart from shavs, CoE and mjolner, all skills that are able to kill atziri to be nerfed and vice versa everything that cant to be buffed.

Thank you very much for REAL help and nice clear talk (not hate or troll post)!
Thanks a LOT!

But let me be lear:
Spoiler
Path of Exile is a game designed for Hardcore players. This means the game should be hard.

Did you see how effective ST and crits are?
I was in 79 Map with double resistence mod and reflect and other truly hard mods, it was almost impossible to host and us to run it, BUT there was a guy with 88 lvl that clear that map FASTER than we can move! He just oneshot EVERY AND EVERYTHING in no time and he killed solo bosses before we can reach him.
What skill and weapon he use? What you think?
Is was ST gem and Crit Dagger!!!!1
So easy he run it, that insane!

How you can say PoE designed for Hardcore players and hard when GGG create ST and crits? It was almost 5 months and still no nerf... Whats point to mean hard when ST and crits still in game?

But thank you for your words!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info