Congratulations GGG QA\balance team.

This is absolutely the worst season of rscing I've ever experienced.

I loved one hour Descent Champs, one of the few who did. You've managed to make me hate the race in the current form. I guess it doesn't really matter, since this game is nothing like the game I donated my money to.

You did the absolutely worst possible thing you could ever do in a million years, and that is admitting this season and the signature race's balance was out of whack, to late to do anything about it despite saying rigorous testing must occur to make the 40 minute race balanced. This makes me frustrated beyond words as people literally beg to help out in any way they can because they love the game.

I wish everyone at GGG the best in the future. I disagree with nearly everything you've done in your game in the last 6 months, you've done nothing about hacking despite what are clear to me now empty promises to do something about it, and I truly hope the next 4 month hardcore league is a success because if it is anything like Invasion I am done with the game for good.

"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Punishing people that took the time to learn the flow of the race and gain knowledge as well as experience in this race with no response for the entire season has been extremely disappointing. Records being set because of a gem drop, this disregards so much time investment to learn how to do well and perform in this race for a particular build/class. I loved the 1 hour DC as well, the 40minute one I can barely tolerate because of the RNG influence / blood of summers doing all the work.
Last edited by terrex on Jul 17, 2014, 1:30:00 PM
"
terrex wrote:
Punishing people that took the time to learn the flow of the race and gain knowledge as well as experience in this race with no response for the entire season has been extremely disappointing. Records being set because of a gem drop, this disregards so much time investment to learn how to do well and perform in this race for a particular build/class. I loved the 1 hour DC as well, the 40minute one I can barely tolerate because of the RNG influence / blood of summers doing all the work.

I could be wrong but I think only 1 record has been set due to a gem drop. The blood of summers are what's broken in this race. A weapon that was intended for melee is being used by every caster build. I think they would be perfectly fine if the move speed bonus was removed from them.

I think this signature would have been a lot better if there was a "practice league" enabled. I could roughly make only half the signatures, and a lot of them I had to leave early/wasn't even playing seriously because I was testing dumb shit out.

I don't understand why a practice mode for a signature isn't enabled, it doesn't make sense to me when someone who can attend every signature race has such a huge advantage over someone who can make just a few.

Last edited by Rithz on Jul 17, 2014, 2:28:39 PM
"
Rithz wrote:
I think this signature would have been a lot better if there was a "practice league" enabled. I could roughly make only half the signatures, and a lot of them I had to leave early/wasn't even playing seriously because I was testing dumb shit out.

I don't understand why a practice mode for a signature isn't enabled, it doesn't make sense to me when someone who can attend every signature race has such a huge advantage over someone who can make just a few.

Completely agree with this. I understand wanting to keep special races like EL and DC fresh by having them appear randomly as fun races throughout the season. I always figured this was fine because the aim was focused more on racing through special content and not as much against other players due the wide range of RNG. However, everything changes when a race becomes a signature race. Some sort of practice mode would be huge. Even a 12 or 24 hour open league between seasons (like we had to EL and Decent) would be helpful.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Support on Jul 17, 2014, 3:38:47 PM
"
terrex wrote:

If the race was even longer people would have even more time to full-clear every zone... care to explain how that wouldn't just amplify the effect of mob density-rng?

I would argue that if the swords didn't exist the 1 hour format would have been substantially worse than the 40-min format.

That's not to say that either of the formats are good. I think DC in general is just a terrible race for a signature and I would rather see them fix some of the remaining problems in vanilla descent and make that the signature, if anything.

I know this probably isn't a very popular opinion, but imo vanilla descent has improved substantially since it first came out, whereas it seems no matter the length of DC it will always be a shitfest.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 17, 2014, 9:25:26 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

If the race was even longer people would have even more time to full-clear every zone... care to explain how that wouldn't just amplify the effect of mob density-rng?

I would argue that if the swords didn't exist the 1 hour format would have been substantially worse than the 40-min format.

That's not to say that either of the formats are good. I think DC in general is just a terrible race for a signature and I would rather see them fix some of the remaining problems in vanilla descent and make that the signature, if anything.

I know this probably isn't a very popular opinion, but imo vanilla descent has improved substantially since it first came out, whereas it seems no matter the length of DC it will always be a shitfest.

One hour time allowed you to plan when to proceed and when to stay to clear more in the area. This was also before witch/templar got flameblast and blood of summers were there. Not everybody could fully clear each area. It was a lot more skillful and balanced than this seasons DC.
Last edited by terrex on Jul 17, 2014, 9:58:21 PM
Right now you really need to be a better clicker to do well in d:c. Every 5 second you loosing in inventory is 5 seconds of last 3 zones. Faster people got more time to clear last zones. And you need perfect density. ExileHUD can help too.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
terrex wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

One hour time allowed you to plan when to proceed and when to stay to clear more in the area. This was also before witch/templar got flameblast and blood of summers were there. Not everybody could fully clear each area. It was a lot more skillful and balanced than this seasons DC.

I don't see it that way at all. People got to halls 3 in a little over 30 minutes on bow ranger which is one of the slowest playstyles in terms of progression.

Add another 20 minutes on top of that and I think any class would be able to full-clear every zone past brutus, which would make the race almost purely about mob-density.

And that's from the perspective of one of the worse classes, but you can already see marauders hit 25 without taking the swords in a 40 minute scenario... you give them another 20 minutes and they will full clear every single zone.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 17, 2014, 10:15:04 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:

And that's from the perspective of one of the worse classes, but you can already see marauders hit 25 without taking the swords in a 40 minute scenario... you give them another 20 minutes and they will full clear every single zone.

I'm literally the only person universe who does this.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info