Any ideas on how summoners will be changed with the coming mini-expansion?

"
EVEN with great gear, i wasen't able at all to make the Act 3 merciless on my summoner without snapshooting.

Snap-shoot help a lot summoner and the one who say otherwhise, haven't try it.

Are you serious? Getting to Act 3 merciless is a breeze using summoner with no snapshot. I use 4 link zombies and 4 link spectres.

"
Boots: arc/cull/iir/iiq

That's unnecessary. You also haven't listed your shield slot, what are you using there? For me, it is

Helm: Raise Zombies 4 link
Armor: Raise Spectre 4 link
Boots: Cast When Stunned or Cast When Damage Taken 4 link
Gloves: Reduced Mana Gem and 3 Auras
Shield: Vaal Summon Skeleton + Improved Duration + Flesh Offering
Wand: Whatever is left, usually utility, like Convocation, Lightning Warp, Raging Spirit, Offensive spell or Curse.
Can replace Cast When Damage with 4 link Skeleton Totem.

"
Although, others might differ but still gems occupation for summoners is mad.

Yes, it is unfortunate that you have to give up some stuff, because there is not enough slots. But you can make it work. Usually you use 2 armor slots for your 2 core summons. Raise Zombie is always on my +2 minion helmet.
I'm playing a arc/summoner atm and I do fine in maps. I do ok dmg with arc and my zombies and spectres survive reasonably. Though mind you I never went higher then 75 maps so idk how it fares against higher lvl maps and bosses. The only real problem like a couple of people already talked about is gem slots, there is simply not enough slots for all the essential skills like curses,convocation, one or two offerings spells, lightning warp and your zombies and spectres with links.
Closed Beta Member.
Running 78 Maps with a non snapshotter summoner is indeed faceroll, apart blood magic mode,

Biggest difficulty so far, are the boss before atziri, but they just need you to use the little cookie setup immortall call (finally sounds better to use this one on manual) + enduring cry + cast when damage taken + inc duration, then it's fine.

Zomb on 4L helmet +2 minions
Raging spirit on 6L chest

- No spectre (if not full auras there is always some combination of mods and boss where they die when you run map above 76)

- no shavronne (I d love to go full auras and try to get tanky spectre but not rich/lucky enough to get a shav)

- no spell Damage skill (clearing map is fast and i m too busy spamming raging spirit and flesh offering)

Waiting a bit to run Uber atziri, and 79 maps are waiting in my stash ;)
Last edited by Tistuto on Jul 21, 2014, 2:07:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info