Any ideas on how summoners will be changed with the coming mini-expansion?

"

Perhaps there are a lot of players who play summoner, thats why.

Back in the days, there were many players who played cleaver. GGG had no problem with nerfed it to the ground.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
i have never used snapshots because i knew it would be removed someday and i don't have any 6L. i have a level 77 summoner using the post nerf unrighteous fire specters, zombies, and a skeleton totem and i can clear any map just fine.
"
Zoristir wrote:
i have never used snapshots because i knew it would be removed someday and i don't have any 6L. i have a level 77 summoner using the post nerf unrighteous fire specters, zombies, and a skeleton totem and i can clear any map just fine.

Just fine vs a tons of spec who is better and faster. hmm.... nice logic.
"
mazul wrote:
"

Perhaps there are a lot of players who play summoner, thats why.

Back in the days, there were many players who played cleaver. GGG had no problem with nerfed it to the ground.

hm, guess its still a better story than Twilight.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
>a n-naked summoner c-clears 78 m-maps slower than RMTers with 5-6 m-mirrored items!
>t-this is unacceptable!!!
"
krofj wrote:

Just fine vs a tons of spec who is better and faster. hmm.... nice logic.

lol, faster , sure you can find build that are faster. But at which cost ?

But anyway safer and more capable to do 99 % of the maps mods, no way to find better.

Who said that summoner have to be the faster, safer, better build of PoE in all way ?

I am afraid that GGG will give us a buff just because they remove snapshot, just to make noobs happy. And notice afterwards that summoner are OP as shit after the patch and nerf it in a 2nd time. I would prefer that they remove snapshot and let all other things unchanged, and check how summoner are perfoming with 1.2.0.

edit for above : of course you can clean alch'ed lvl 78 map without snapshot, with the right build, gear and setup. At least I can, so why others wouldnt ?
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 19, 2014, 10:13:52 AM
I'd just like to have convocation as a regular shortcut, like detonate mine. It shouldn't be a gem, it mainly exists because of the flaws in the minion pathfind. It should keep the cooldown though.

What I like with my summon is the variety of skills I use: the 2 offerings, 2 curses, convocation, rejuv totem. Without snapshot I'll have to remove lots of them (bone offerering being the first, no more need when you can just resummon zombies) and that pisses me off, gameplay wise.

Helm: summon 1
Chest: summon 2
Weapon: Lightning warp (could remove fast cast maybe to free one slot)
Boots: arc/cull/iir/iiq
Gloves: 3 auras

That doesn't leave many room for utilities :s
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jul 19, 2014, 2:32:18 PM
"
I'd just like to have convocation as a regular shortcut, like detonate mine. It shouldn't be a gem, it mainly exists because of the flaws in the minion pathfind. It should keep the cooldown though.

What I like with my summon is the variety of skills I use: the 2 offerings, 2 curses, convocation, rejuv totem. Without snapshot I'll have to remove lots of them (bone offerering being the first, no more need when you can just resummon zombies) and that pisses me off, gameplay wise.

Helm: summon 1
Chest: summon 2
Weapon: Lightning warp (could remove fast cast maybe to free one slot)
Boots: arc/cull/fast cast/iir/iiq
Gloves: 3 auras

That doesn't leave many room for utilities :s

Without snapshot, I already have to discard Spectres from my summoner. There is not much slots left for Spectres considering a summoner might have several auras setup on two or more items.
Although, others might differ but still gems occupation for summoners is mad.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
I agree. Right now my specters and zombies are in my chest, so I can play two auras setup in addition to all the utilities mentioned above. This won't be possible anymore.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
well good summon build have always focused on 2 core summons and 1 support summon.

builds that try to use more, often have to sacrifice other much more important things.

hell even when i played heavy snapshotting i only rolled 3 summons and not because i had no room, but because anymore lost me efficiency.

4 + 1 head for zombies , 5-6l chest for your other core summon
and then a 3l or 4l slot for your support summon. Id recomend putting skeletons / guardian as the support minion and focus on making them durable over making them do damage and you will have better results.

doing that leaves a 4l gloves , 4l boots and a 3l weapon.

that is a pretty decent amount of room to wiggle, 4l for 3 auras , 3l for both offerings and your curse and a 4l for totems and a cull spell. Now if you can some how find time to do shit after cursing , totem placing , offering and recasting losses then you might just be a freak.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 19, 2014, 7:27:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info