To RNG or to not RNG

"
karakay wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
RNG is RNG. For example on a dagger, the best prefixes have the chance of 0.061% to roll on an item. Best suffixes have 0.146% chance. Now you preferably need 3 best prefixes and 3 best suffixes on the item for it to be considered mirror worthy. Inside of these affixes, there's also a roll range which should be on the upper side. So yeah just calculate the odds of all this happening x) The three prefixes alone have a probability of 0.061^3 = 0.00023%... top kek.

Ok.... I'll use your data since I'm too lazy to check. 3 affixes top chance would be 0.00311%. 3 top prefixes + 3 top suffixes chance would be 0.000000715% . With these chances 1 perfect dagger should drop every 139,860,139 yellow daggers.

I assume that on average we have 10k high lvl players online. Based on my experience you can get about 5 yellow daggers/hour
10.000x5x24=1.200.000 yellow daggers/day

Taking the above numbers 139,860,139/1,200,000 = 116 days. So 3 times/year someone should be very lucky and get a perfect dagger from dropped yellow daggers. To this we must add up the other perfect items that must drop, belts, helmets, armours, boots..etc.

So.... my question still stands...did anyone got the perfect rolled items from drop that must drop in accordance with the RNG?

I haven't done statistics in years, but if 1 affix has 0.061% chance, shouldn't it be 0.061%^6 to have all 6 affix drop as perfect?

That gives me 1.94^19, or in simpler terms, something that will never happen even if 10,000 people play this game for the next million years.

And then you have to factor that not all rares drop with 6 affix, unless the 0.061% includes that already. You probably have better chances of winning the lottery, every week, for a year straight, than finding a perfect roll in PoE.
Here's my question:

I can kill monsters and get through the entire game using gear with less-than-perfect rolls. So why do I care about gear with perfect rolls?
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
I think most t1 rolls on items i got as a drop, were life, cold res and %armour on armour gloves
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014
"
Peace_Frog wrote:
Here's my question:

I can kill monsters and get through the entire game using gear with less-than-perfect rolls. So why do I care about gear with perfect rolls?

If you don't care, just don't care...

Obviously there are some people who cares...
And the fact that most items drop with 4-5 mods on them, I bet many mirror worthy items came from 4 t1's dropping on an item, then et/exing from there... The chance of an item dropping with 4 T1's is alot bigger.

Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874

was mirror worth back in beta when i chanced it
same with this drop
need a few divines for max life res and 2% leach
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
Last edited by Jauer on Jul 20, 2014, 1:27:38 PM
I guess a quite few ppl got "mirror Worthy" drops, but they didnt notice it as "worthy".

If you dont have a Clue about nearly every Game Mechanic, you cant say if this Stats are rolled good or not.

How often i sold Stuff to a Vendor with Sick rolls, because i didnt know its Value.
After i got Deeper in this Game, my Shop flows and i find nearly every 10-20 mins a "Shop Worthy" Item.

Same goes for "Mirror Worthy" Stuff, just it takes "longer"

BUT

Its "easier / quicker" to craft (excuse me: gamble!) Mirror worthy Gear.

Light

I am sad it dropped with that block recovery suffix but i am glad it dropped being able to roll flat ES.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info