PoE Lan - How is it- Only challenges?

A friend of mines found this game said it was F2P and had lan (he only played for a day). It was a rpg and had lan and was F2P. A kind of game we would love to play

I did a quick google found out it was indeed F2P and had lan.

But now another friend told me that through lan you could only complete challenges and to play the actual game you need to play online (which worries me, cause I live in SEA and my ISP doesn't have the best pings for servers in EU or USA) My friends wouldnt notice cause their ISP are good with EU server to the least (we live in different countries so don't ask to change ISP)

Now I want someone to confirm if indeed through lan you can only do challenges and to do story or whatever you need to play online.

Regards

Shadow Returns
Last edited by ShadowReturns on Jul 16, 2014, 10:56:07 AM
I'm not sure where you heard that POE is playable over LAN. You 100% need to be connected to the internet to play POE in any shape or form. Sorry :(
I understood that much, and it isn't a problem. IF you google you can clearly see it supports LAN (not offline LAN) so im cool with that, as long as its on a Local network and that i don't have to play on a server 1000 miles away

Btw my friend is playing PoE through Steam. If that helps?
Hi ShadowReturns,

Path of Exile is Free to play, and you can play with friends, but not over LAN.

If you're concerned about latency in SEA areas, I recommend typing Singapore into the gateway box, as that will allow you to play on a more local server.

If you're playing with users from other countries however, then you'll automatically connect to the gateway of whoever created the instance you're in, so you may still experience high latency with friends overseas.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
ShadowReturns wrote:
I understood that much, and it isn't a problem. IF you google you can clearly see it supports LAN (not offline LAN) so im cool with that, as long as its on a Local network and that i don't have to play on a server 1000 miles away

Btw my friend is playing PoE through Steam. If that helps?

You and your friends must connect to an online server to play, you can not directly connect to each other off/online.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info