Pricing For Level 4 Enlighten Compared To Empower

Stuff is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. Simple.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

But whatever people are willing to pay for it is based on their individual perceived value of it, and in this case is very skewed because "+ exp sounds nice" but the math shows it sucks (hell i'm sure there are plenty of ppl using it thinking it's good in one of those suboptimal situations where we showed earlier that it is actually an exp penalty not bonus).

If anything i hope that this thread helps

1) drop the price to the gem and stop people from using/buying this crap
2) bring GGG attention to it because i really don't think (specially when you see empower / enhance) that the goal was for lv 2 and 3 of the gem to be useless, and for the gem to only have use at lv 4 with 400 ex Worth of gear, and then even just barely.
"
Ranakor wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

But whatever people are willing to pay for it is based on their individual perceived value of it, and in this case is very skewed

Welcome to path of exile, where people mirror items that can be made for less, where people will pay 10x more than something should really be worth as soon as they hear the word "legacy", where people spend a months worth of in game wealth on min/maxing one or two items while completely neglecting the rest of their setup.

RL works the same way, it's life. Like I said, things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jul 20, 2014, 4:52:20 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Ranakor wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

But whatever people are willing to pay for it is based on their individual perceived value of it, and in this case is very skewed

Welcome to path of exile, where people mirror items that can be made for less, where people will pay 10x more than something should really be worth as soon as they hear the word "legacy", where people spend a months worth of in game wealth on min/maxing one or two items while completely neglecting the rest of their setup.

RL works the same way, it's life. Like I said, things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them.

Those are completely unrelated, it's much cheaper to Mirror a top end item than to craft it (by like a 5X factor or so). Just as legacy items are usually substantially more powerfull and rare, in this case we're talking about an item that is somewhat rare, and not powerfull at all, being a downgrade to even "nothing" in most cases.
"
Ranakor wrote:

Those are completely unrelated, it's much cheaper to Mirror a top end item than to craft it (by like a 5X factor or so). Just as legacy items are usually substantially more powerfull and rare, in this case we're talking about an item that is somewhat rare, and not powerfull at all, being a downgrade to even "nothing" in most cases.

Not sure I would spend 240 ex( inc fee ) to mirror a chest when it can be a bit less costly to craft a "close" one and be able to change color when I change my build.

Or said it differently , do you prefer to have 6T1 with stucked colors or 3T1 3T2 for example with the possibility to use chroms on it when you want to try another build ?

At the contrary, jewellery are very hard to craft and has no socket, that's really interesting to mirror...
Dagger/Wand too, very hard to craft and few sockets that are less build dependant.

IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 22, 2014, 8:16:38 PM
Gem seems lame as hell unless you're a botter or something lvling 5 active gems all the time. I don't think I'd even pay 1 chaos for it (if I couldn't sell it)
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 22, 2014, 11:05:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info