Pricing For Level 4 Enlighten Compared To Empower

"
MasterAxe wrote:

Is that even possible? the best i have ever seen is -1 level from max, seen alot of those, but never seen a max level gem from a box, so didn't think it was even possible.

No clue honestly, if so the supply should be 0, it's just not Worth it, it's useless that was my whole point, anyone leveling it for any reason other than "because i want to" or "i'm a collector" or "i'm going to scam some idiot who thinks it's Worth something" is just so wrong, it's a horrible gem, it gives literally negative exp in all but the best and most restrictive cases, in which cases it give a whooping 3% at a cost of 100s of ex, to be decent the xp should be at least doubled, to be good tripled.
well, if you just want to level some particular gem faster (for yourself, not for sale), then enlighten is not so bad. Also if you put it in Atziri's Disfavour, which gives +2 to spport then its especially nice :DD
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
qquno wrote:
well, if you just want to level some particular gem faster (for yourself, not for sale), then enlighten is not so bad. Also if you put it in Atziri's Disfavour, which gives +2 to spport then its especially nice :DD

Still very much disagree, even with +2 support gems it's a very very slight upgrade at a huge cost, and you "never" want to level a gem that way for yourself, you'd buy one, unless it's early league, but then you don't have 100ex to spend on this do you?
"
MasterAxe wrote:
Is that even possible? the best i have ever seen is -1 level from max, seen alot of those, but never seen a max level gem from a box, so didn't think it was even possible.

uncorrupted gems cannot drop at max level.

the only way to get a max gem level drop is to corrupt a strongbox with "gems contain experience" -- get lucky and have the gem drop 1 level below max, and then have the corruption take it to max.

unlikely, to say the least. also, you wouldn't be able to ever get a level 4 enlighten this way because it would drops corrupted.

"
Ranakor wrote:
even with +2 support gems it's a very very slight upgrade at a huge cost

it is actually a substantial upgrade with disfavour (+2 support gems) -- a net gain of 8.33% experience.

but yes, the cost is stupidly massive =p, and has the obnoxious restriction that it doesn't work with support gems.....

although there's plenty of good active gem candidates. arc, split arrow, flame surge, etc.

also: the "cost" factor is slightly more complex than you make it out to be. it's not like a disfavour has zero resale value. basically for the strategy to work, you need to be extracting value from leveling up gems faster than Disfavour drops in value.

you'd definitely have to be a pretty hardcore farmer...to say the least
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 18, 2014, 2:21:44 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
MasterAxe wrote:

uncorrupted gems cannot drop at max level.

the only way to get a max gem level drop is to corrupt a strongbox with "gems contain experience" -- get lucky and have the gem drop 1 level below max, and then have the corruption take it to max.

unlikely, to say the least. also, you wouldn't be able to ever get a level 4 enlighten this way because it would drops corrupted.

"
Ranakor wrote:
even with +2 support gems it's a very very slight upgrade at a huge cost

it is actually a substantial upgrade with disfavour (+2 support gems) -- a net gain of 8.33% experience.

but yes, the cost is stupidly massive =p, and has the obnoxious restriction that it doesn't work with support gems.....

although there's plenty of good active gem candidates. arc, split arrow, flame surge, etc.

also: the "cost" factor is slightly more complex than you make it out to be. it's not like a disfavour has zero resale value. basically for the strategy to work, you need to be extracting value from leveling up gems faster than Disfavour drops in value.

you'd definitely have to be a pretty hardcore farmer...to say the least

It doesn't matter if it doesn't drop in value, it's still a frozen investment, you're basically investing 100% of your game time (focusing on exp) + 100 of ex for 0.13 (well ok maybe 0.30 if you get +2) ex a day. Even if you don't count those exes as "lost" since you can resale it's still immobilized (and for YEARS, seriously i don't believe for one second anyone who posted this was Worth it in the thread meant it was Worth it after 2 years before i posted the actual values :) ) all for so little cash.

No matter how you look at it, that amount of investment and immobilisation for so little income is ridiculously low, no one with 100+ex cares for making an additional 0.3 ex a day, especially if it means focusing on that and even more so if it means getting most of they cash stuck in crap for it!
"
Ranakor wrote:
It doesn't matter if it doesn't drop in value

Yes it does.

Stopped reading here, because if your first sentence is incorrect, chances are the rest of it is, as well.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 19, 2014, 10:19:11 AM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Ranakor wrote:
It doesn't matter if it doesn't drop in value

Yes it does.

Stopped reading here, because if your first sentence is incorrect, chances are the rest of it is, as well.

Considering the sentence was , "it doesn't matter that X because X doesn't contradict Y", it's say if you stoped at the first X you're wrong about it being incorrect since the whole post is about bashing on Y and not about stateing that it doesn't matter as a whole :)

With the level of thought your post displays (on top of the fact it states no purpose unless you somehow think knowing where you stop reading a post is important to others) i'd say you're likely one of the great minds hoping to find one of those gems for a sweet 30ex only deal :)
how the fuck could it NOT MATTER if an item you own drops in value or not?

that's a huge factor

simple example:

item does not drop in value, you use for 1 month for gems. so that would be about 9 exalt net profit

more likely situation: disfavour drops in value 10 exalts over the course of the month. net profit: -1 exalt.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 19, 2014, 3:07:08 PM
"
levy42088 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey everyone,

I wanted to make a formal thread to try and set a price for these corrupted gems.

We all know that a Level 4 Empower will set you back 80-95 Ex.

That price is based upon the Difficulty, Rarity, Power, and Demand for the Gem.

Enhance and Enlighten? Since I don't know much about Enhance, I will concentrate on enlighten, which is not so much as powerful, and in Demand.

There is no reason Enhance and Enlighten Level 4 should mirror the Price of a Level 4 Empower just because its in the same 'Millions of XP to level' group.

I am probably one of the few people that was actually interested in a Level 4 Enlighten Gem (The gem that increases xp gain of other gems).

The funny thing is that on Poe.xyz there is only 2 sellers for the gem, one had a 80 EX buyout, and one had a 90 EX buyout.

No way would I pay the same amount for Enlighten that a person would for Empower. So I messeged the guy selling for 80 EX and I told him I am interested in purchasing the level 4 Enlighten for 25 EX. He laughed and told me to look at the price on Poe.xyz.

I tried to explain to him how Enlighten should not be anywhere near the price of Empower, but he refused to listen.

This morning, I bought the level 4 Enlighten Gem for 25EX + 5 EX In level 20 Gems. So 30 Ex total. This sounds like the price it should be for here on out.

Empower = 80-95EX
Enlighten = 25-35EX

No where near the Power of Empower, and therefor should be nowhere near that price.

This is because Enlighten is deceptively inefficient. With a level 4 Enlighten you are leveling 5 gems at +18% speed, which works at to be at the same speed as 5.9 gems socketed. So you require a +1 gem 6L. (Corrupted +1 tabula most likely, which goes for over 20 ex, but I'll ignore that and assume you have one.) So with a level 5 Enlighten you level 5 gems at +24% speed which works out to an equivalent of 6.2 socketed gems, this is technically profitable but will take an extreme amount of time.) To get a level 6 Enlighten you must be using a 6L Atziri's Disfavor, and you can't be using the 6L for your dps. (Disfavour goes for over 400+ ex but I'll ignore that as well.) At level 6 Enlighten will level 5 gems at +30% xp, which works out to an equivalent of 6.5 socketed gems.

Assuming that a level 4 Enlighten is worth 25 ex and that a level 20 gem is worth 1 ex, with 6.5 gems socketed per set of leveled gems you're getting 0.5 ex more per set than someone without a 6L Atziri Disfavor and level 4 Enlighten. That means to break even and pay for the Enlighten you will need to level 50 sets of 5x level 20 gems before you break even on the cost of the Enlighten gem.

So the only possible realistic use for it imho, is if you want to level newly released gems extremely fast so that you can test with them before anyone else, but I find that questionable personally. Testing a new level 20 gem, 3 days after its released, instead of 4 days doesn't seem worth 25 ex to me, but that seems to be the best use for it. (Also if you're curious, it's better to level gems with 2x Supreme Truth, 2x ring, and xp helm with the 6L as a +1 tabula at 15% base xp to gem, instead of Disfavour with xp gear which works out to roughly 12% base xp to gem.)

Spoiler
Based off of my personal experience with top gear in maps, it takes about 60-80 hours of serious mapping to level a set of gems to level 20. so 60 to 80x50 sets = 3,000-4,000 hours to break even on Enlighten.
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
Last edited by Varanice on Jul 19, 2014, 8:36:56 PM
"
Varanice wrote:
That means to break even and pay for the Enlighten you will need to level 50 sets of 5x level 20 gems before you break even on the cost of the Enlighten gem.

this implies the gem has no resale value. not a good analysis.

"
Varanice wrote:
Based off of my personal experience with top gear in maps, it takes about 60-80 hours of serious mapping to level a set of gems to level 20. so 60 to 80x50 sets = 3,000-4,000 hours to break even on Enlighten.

this is wrong lol

i estimate maybe 15 hours of serious gameplay to take a gem from 1 - 20. definitely not 60. rofl.

have you ever done atziri map?
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 19, 2014, 9:44:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info