Pricing For Level 4 Enlighten Compared To Empower

"
Veruski wrote:
"
Soranor wrote:
Yes, well, 20% more than you could have for 6 support gems.

No.

5 * 1.24 = 6.2

6.2/6 = 1.033

So it is 3.33% more than you would get from 6 support gems. Not 20%. Math is hard, right?

20% faster than 6 gems would require 7.2 gems worth of experience for the 5 gems (6 * 1.2 = 7.2), which would require a 44% experience bonus (5 * 1.44 = 7.2)

Yes, math is hard. I said in my post before 20% total. Which is, by coincidence, 3.33%*6.
Last edited by Soranor on Jul 16, 2014, 4:37:16 PM
"
He laughed and told me to look at the price on Poe.xyz.

The biggest problem of the economy, we have an auction house exactly like d3
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
"
levy42088 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I wanted to make a formal thread to try and set a price for these corrupted gems.

This morning, I bought the level 4 Enlighten Gem for 25EX + 5 EX In level 20 Gems. So 30 Ex total. This sounds like the price it should be for here on out.

Good luck
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
StormHunter wrote:

The biggest problem of the economy, we have an auction house exactly like d3

I wouldn't say this is a problem. Just a natural component of a multiplayer game. It would be nice if the AH was automated like D3's and didn't rely on catching the person online.
Is someone using Enhance at all ?
"

Bloodrage, arctic armor, elemental weakness are all powerful with enhance. It's actually very popular(EW/bloodrage meta).
Last edited by kasub on Jul 17, 2014, 3:42:30 AM
"
kasub wrote:
"

Bloodrage, arctic armor, elemental weakness are all extremely powerful with enhance. It's actually very popular(EW/bloodrage meta).

Every single low-life guy has in his shield or dagger

Blood Rage - Enhance - Increased Duration
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Soranor wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Soranor wrote:
Yes, well, 20% more than you could have for 6 support gems.

No.

5 * 1.24 = 6.2

6.2/6 = 1.033

So it is 3.33% more than you would get from 6 support gems. Not 20%. Math is hard, right?

20% faster than 6 gems would require 7.2 gems worth of experience for the 5 gems (6 * 1.2 = 7.2), which would require a 44% experience bonus (5 * 1.44 = 7.2)

Yes, math is hard. I said in my post before 20% total. Which is, by coincidence, 3.33%*6.

#rekt
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
"

Bloodrage, arctic armor, elemental weakness are all extremely powerful with enhance. It's actually very popular(EW/bloodrage meta).

Every single low-life guy has in his shield or dagger

Blood Rage - Enhance - Increased Duration

But you need to have 20 % quality gems linked to it right ? Otherwise whats the point.
"
levy42088 wrote:
Its only worth 30 Ex to me.

And it's completely in your right to try to find one for that price. If everyone thinks it's worth more, you'll be hard pressed to find a seller. That's what a free market is about. You can buy and sell at whatever price you want. If you're giving a great deal you'll likely sell faster than the guy looking for more. If you're offering too little it'll be significantly harder to find a seller willing to sell at that price.

There is no such thing as a set price, only an average price. You want to set a price for it? Start collecting them and selling them at that price to compete with every one else's prices. Unless you have a significant portion of the market, you can't significantly influence that average price, especially with a silly thread like this trying to fix a price.

"
levy42088 wrote:
That's why I believe the price should be substantially lower then Empower.

And many, including me, disagree with you. As others have mentioned it's about supply and demand. Don't forget that the supply; for those very reasons you mentioned the supply of Enlighten is lower and thus it's rarer, thus it'll be more expensive because those who have invested the time to make the gem, and chance not getting level 4 will will sell to those who offer something they want for it or they won't sell at all (making the demand that much higher).

Don't worry, it'll work itself out without your "formal thread to fix the price."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info