Pricing For Level 4 Enlighten Compared To Empower

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make a formal thread to try and set a price for these corrupted gems.

We all know that a Level 4 Empower will set you back 80-95 Ex.

That price is based upon the Difficulty, Rarity, Power, and Demand for the Gem.

Enhance and Enlighten? Since I don't know much about Enhance, I will concentrate on enlighten, which is not so much as powerful, and in Demand.

There is no reason Enhance and Enlighten Level 4 should mirror the Price of a Level 4 Empower just because its in the same 'Millions of XP to level' group.

I am probably one of the few people that was actually interested in a Level 4 Enlighten Gem (The gem that increases xp gain of other gems).

The funny thing is that on Poe.xyz there is only 2 sellers for the gem, one had a 80 EX buyout, and one had a 90 EX buyout.

No way would I pay the same amount for Enlighten that a person would for Empower. So I messeged the guy selling for 80 EX and I told him I am interested in purchasing the level 4 Enlighten for 25 EX. He laughed and told me to look at the price on Poe.xyz.

I tried to explain to him how Enlighten should not be anywhere near the price of Empower, but he refused to listen.

This morning, I bought the level 4 Enlighten Gem for 25EX + 5 EX In level 20 Gems. So 30 Ex total. This sounds like the price it should be for here on out.

Empower = 80-95EX
Enlighten = 25-35EX

No where near the Power of Empower, and therefor should be nowhere near that price.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
Last edited by levy42088 on Jul 16, 2014, 12:56:15 PM
As much as id like to see cheaper prices of theese gems I fully understand their prices, even enlighten.
Empower and enhance i def would rate as the same as some skills benefit more from quality and others more from +lvl.
Enlighten though even it doesn't help you in the same way it's still as valuable, as you can link it up with up to 5 other gems and powerlevel the crap outta them and sell for a nice profit.
Sure you will have to do that many times to earn back the cost but still for somone that plays the trading part of this game it's very valuable i recon.

So basically they are just as "powerful" just in different aspect's of the game.

Just a thougt, maby ppl don't bother using it to lvl and flip gems.

Edit: realized maby the access of +20/20 gems are too great so that theres no point powerlvling them like that, but should enable one to make corrupted ones in a greater pace and thoose gems still gives a nice profit.
Last edited by Gastub on Jul 16, 2014, 11:03:27 AM
enlight gets its worth from farmers, the average player wont get much from it since they lv the gems as they lv up but for farmers that lv up gems to then make them q20 and sell them for a higher price enlight is like the best gem ever.

that being said i would never paid over 30 exalts for any of them, i would rather buy a lv 1 one and lv it up.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

The reason I got it was to level and flip gems. The Level 4 Enlighten + Tabula Rasa With +1 To All Gems = 24% Increased Gem XP For NON SUPPORT Gems.

I think its freaking great, and it is a very good gem. But its not even in the same ballpark as Empower in regards to demand.

Like I said, I got mine for 35EX, which is a little higher then I was looking to pay (20EX) but I'm still happy I didn't have to wait forever for the sellers on Poe.xyz to realize they're stuff isn't selling and dramatically lower the price.

Enlighten is a great gem, but it wouldn't surprise me if I was the only person that messeged the seller from poe.xyz in regards to buying the gem. It simply is not as popular or desired as Empower.

PS: GGG PLEASE CHANGE ENLIGHTEN TO INCREASE GEM XP FOR ALL GEMS!! It's silly to not allow support gems, which are probably the most popular and needed gems in the game. The only reason I see that you don't want to allow it to work with support gems because you don't want people to use Enlighten to power level another Enlighten, Enhance,and Empower, but how about just not allowing those 3 gems to be work.

Maybe GGG Can change The Item To Say:

Enlighten
Increases XP Gained For supported Gems by X%
Does Not Work With Empower, Enlighten, Enhance.
Standard League
Last edited by levy42088 on Jul 16, 2014, 11:10:15 AM
They dont drop so i dont care. :/
"
They dont drop so i dont care. :/

in all this time only 1 droped to me and was an enlight, traded it for an enhace but that is all about them.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

1) no matter how shitty enlighten is (and it is indeed a shitty gem, even at level 4) it still takes a massive amount of time to get a level 4 enlighten. the same exact amount as level 4 empower/enhance

2) if lvl 4 enhance is that much cheaper, what possible motive would there be to level an enlighten to 3 and then corrupt it for level 4? you could have just leveled an empower/enhance in it's stead and made much more currency.

3) there is less demand, of course, but there is also much less supply -- something you pointed out already. so these two factors equalize.

combine these three factors and it becomes fairly easy to see that it should be expensive as shit.

i can see enlighten being cheaper than empower/enhance, but 30ex is def a massive lowball, and if you got it for that, then you successfully ripped the other guy off.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 16, 2014, 12:12:01 PM
"
levy42088 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I wanted to make a formal thread to try and set a price for these corrupted gems.

We all know that a Level 4 Empower will set you back 80-95 Ex.

That price is based upon the Difficulty, Rarity, Power, and Demand for the Gem.

Enhance and Enlighten? Since I don't know much about Enhance, I will concentrate on enlighten, which is not so much as powerful, and in Demand.

There is no reason Enhance and Enlighten Level 4 should mirror the Price of a Level 4 Empower just because its in the same 'Millions of XP to level' group.

I am probably one of the few people that was actually interested in a Level 4 Enlighten Gem (The gem that increases xp gain of other gems).

The funny thing is that on Poe.xyz there is only 2 sellers for the gem, one had a 80 EX buyout, and one had a 90 EX buyout.

No way would I pay the same amount for Enlighten that a person would for Empower. So I messeged the guy selling for 80 EX and I told him I am interested in purchasing the level 4 Enlighten for 25 EX. He laughed and told me to look at the price on Poe.xyz.

I tried to explain to him how Enlighten should not be anywhere near the price of Empower, but he refused to listen.

This morning, I bought the level 4 Enlighten Gem for 25EX + 5 EX In level 20 Gems. So 30 Ex total. This sounds like the price it should be for here on out.

Empower = 80-95EX
Enlighten = 25-35EX

No where near the Power of Empower, and therefor should be nowhere near that price.

Whilst I completely agree that the prices for each gem should be different, you said:
"
levy42088 wrote:
That price is based upon the Difficulty, Rarity, Power, and Demand for the Gem
and then talked about time investment. You need to add that into the price of the gem... 6 bazillion trillion exp is not to be omitted from the price discussion.

Someone could offer me 250 exhalts for a lvl 4 empower and I wouldn't sell it. No way. The time involved is too large.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Forum loves a double post!
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Last edited by Zanixx on Jul 16, 2014, 12:16:17 PM
I don't think i ripped the guy off OR lowballed him. Its only worth 30 Ex to me.

He was trying to sell it for a lot, and he said he hasn't been able to sell it for that price. He saw my WTB Party, and wanted the currency to get atziri gloves. So he sold it to me.

Thats it, if he wanted to charge more, I wouldn't have bought it. I can live with just having a level 3 with my +1 tabula. The Extra level, 6% More XP, isn't worth more then 30 EX to me.

Thats why I chose my price. Its not a huge upgrade, but its still an upgrade.

When compared to Empower, the upgrade of +1 Level to all gems is INSANE. So Empower Level 3 to 4 is a crazy better upgrade then enlighten level 3 to level 4.

That's why I believe the price should be substantially lower then Empower.

Standard League
Last edited by levy42088 on Jul 16, 2014, 12:33:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info