Strongboxes are broken.

You know they are broken GGG. I'm sure you just love to see people RIP, between OP invaders and rogue exiles. Getting desynced back in the middle after spawn and lagging when you open them is inexcusable. Yes I'm quite very mad at the moment, this whole season have been non sense, 4th wall breaking deaths.

You need to reevaluate your sense of difficulty in games.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
OP invaders? wat
Almost evrybox almost rips me, unless i use the same mobility skills over and over, lightwarp sometimes fails so its 100% no, smoke mine is your best bet, it has close to no chance of failing, but it feels stupid to be named smoke mine if its truly 100% an "required to open r.i.p boxes, The worst is GGG will prob do like always, not help people and TELL them important stuff like that, that boxes are impossible for them to fix as there has single threaded written all over it.

And unless you're pc is exactly what the engine wants( noway to know without knowing what specs ggg tests/creates with, clearly they have way too good pc's and DONT test fullparty, in a 100% team based game that Punishes you like mad for playing alone, and even then my friend quit due to horrible performance and he knows more about pc's then I ever will he payed like 3k$CAD total over years to build his rig and r.i.p boxes are still the name he uses, still uses smoke mines, nothing to do, ggg is adding more and more content on a bad engine nothing to do apart from wait for someone to be hired and do there job, making the game playable.

Status of game based on last patches and my fps:

Unplayable. I hit 0-12 fps for 2-3 second on most boxes and i have ssd and 8gig ram , i load instances instantly....this engine is just :) too old, all you can do is hope.

Only reason im putting up with this lag is because of personal ishues that lead me to have no life and as far as im concerned GGG made a great game on a HORRID base i dont usually enjoy SC, i usualy play hc in games, but im not going to die to performance, i never die from that in other games so why excuse it in this game? because the rest is good? if the rest is good are we not suppose to save the good and evolve.

p.s also I made a summoner and im snapshotting like mad, never had tried snapshotting and was at my third summoner kinda wanted to try it in the 1month :D, defenelly a build to play if you lag haha.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
I've tried smoke mine in the past and they also randomly failed. So I don't know what I should do. Alt+f4 everytime after opening?? Will I have to just ignore them? This would be like ignoring a delicious meal when you are starving.

I also have an over 3k CAD $ machine. It still lag me for a little fraction of a second, enough to RIP.
click on Rip-box and fast as possible either:
alt-f4
OR
esc, exit path of exile.

This method works much better than any flask, or mobility skill ever will. It's the only safe way if you open a Rip-box. If you don't want to reload the game and go back into the zone with the box opened, just don't open the RIP-boxes.

Now I feel dirty for showing this work around for completely broken shit in game.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
may i know your builds? how the hell can you risk dieing at every strongbox? it's beyond me... do you all go around in merciless with 2k hp?
It would be simple to fix that problem by adding a 2sec timer before mobs appear. It's enough to move in a safe place for those who lag on boxes.
Last edited by Yesu on Jul 16, 2014, 8:43:53 AM
standard players and their first approaches to boxes :P?

wait for the cafrtographer ones you will start loving the boxes

as sustaining maps in a league is not so shitty bull crap like in poor standard
thanks to those boxes.
Last edited by zzang on Jul 16, 2014, 8:45:22 AM
I riped in a 74 map in the HC 1 month league. If you were playing a few hours earlier, you probably saw my RIP announced and went loooooooool reeeeeeeep on global chat. My char was ManyChainMuchWow and obviously an arcer. Ranked 20 something when I riped, playing solo. I was tanky enough to clear maps easily with lightning coil, 86% lightning res and arctic armor and over 4k hp. Normal monsters barely do any damage. But when it's a box with 3 blue packs, I can't just stay there and facetank.
"
Mahesys wrote:
may i know your builds? how the hell can you risk dieing at every strongbox? it's beyond me... do you all go around in merciless with 2k hp?

are you saying you don't have a 1 to 3 second lag every single time you open a RIP-box ? I'm pretty sure that if you aren't experiencing this massive lag you are the exception to the norm. It must be nice not needing a bunch of 1/2 assed work arounds to this issue.

May I ask what kind of video card and specs you have ? I'm just curious how it is you are lag free on these things.

Side note: I get the lag regardless of build, RF, crit-flicker, CoC, it doesn't matter what build I am the RIP-boxes suck ass for 1-3 seconds upon opening for me.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info