HC ║ Cheap ║ Blood Magic Firestorm Low Life║No snapshoting

Hi,this is a very cheap low life build using both Cybil's Paw and the Blood magic keystone to cast firestorm for free and not have to link auras to a blood magic gem. We grab every aura/buff effect nodes to maximize the effect of our auras. Snapshot is not required nor recommended for this build.

This build is still work in progress. I plan on testing it from Lvl 1 to end game once I get enough currency in the one month league, but from what I have tested in standard with very sub optimal gear/tree it work very well. The leech was the only thing posing problem(My damage was also very low, but I was using underleveled gems without the 30% more spell damage or any spell damage/cast speed.)

██████ BANDITS ██████
Spoiler
Normal - Kill
Cruel - Kill
Merciless - Kill

██████ PASSE SKILL TREE ██████
Spoiler

The tree is likely to change. I planed for 105 passive skill points (Reached at lvl 84) because we are going to kill all the bandits for 3 extra passive skill points. We are not taking Arcane Vision, but it is 3 points away if you can't live without it.

██████ GEAR ██████

What you need/want.
Spoiler
Needed - Solaris Lorica ---> Chavronne (To deal with chaos damage)
Spoiler
Solaris Lorica allow you to not die instantaneously to chaos damage.

Needed - Cybil's Paw (LGOH+Spell damage+Cast speed)
Spoiler
Cybil's Paw Allow you to cast Firestorm for free with some LGOH.

Needed at Lvl ~50 - Wanderlust --> Dream Fragments (To deal with freeze)
Spoiler
Because you don't want to be freeze lock.

Not needed (Need testing) for Lvl ~65 Stone of Lazhwar
Spoiler
~25% Spell block(~30% spell damage with Cybil's Paw) + Good cast speed, but the mana is wasted. You might be better with a good rare.

Not needed - Rainbowstride (Very good ES and Spell Block)
Spoiler
Probably the best ES boots and the block is very nice too.

How much ES you should expect to have with mid/low range gear:
Spoiler
Helm: 400->1200
Body Armour: 0->
Glove: 200->600
Boots: 20->60
Shield (Focus on a good ES shield): 400->1560
Rings(60)+Amulet(30)+Belt(50): 140->420
Aura: 318->1272

5112 ES (Not bad at all!)
Spoiler
122% increased ES + 78% from Int = 200%
increased ES from shield = 90%
Increased effect of aura = 78%
Increased effect of buff on you = 21%

██████ AURA ██████

Auras are the reason why we are going low life. Grace+Determination+Iron Reflexes+ES/Armour, ES/Evasion will give you more than enough armour so that you don't need any on your gear and can focus mostly on ES . (25000+ armour !!!!)
Spoiler
Note: You need an extra 2% increased effect of aura/buff for the purity to give you +8 max resist instead of +7. You should take Holy Strength end game instead of the two 4% reduced mana reserved. It is 2 points away. With a Lvl 20 reduced mana and ALL the reduced mana reserved from the tree you will have 180 life left assuming you have 1000 life and are not using purity of ice. You might want to not take the two 4% reduced mana reserved if you don't have a 5L-6L.

4L
Spoiler
Reduced Mana
Discipline - 318 base ES
Grace - 4032 Evasion
Determination - 102% more armor

4L
Spoiler
Reduced Mana
Haste - 18% movement speed, 32% cast speed
Purity of Fire - 80% fire res, +7 max fire res
Purity of Lightning - 80% lightning res, +7 max lightning res

3L
Spoiler
Reduced Mana
Tempest Shield - 4,84 block chance (I think the number is rounded down giving you only 4%)
Purity of Ice OR The curse of your choise (You might need a little more than 1000 life or an Alpha's Holw for a 5L-6L Firestorm with purity of ice.)

██████ ALTERNATIVE #1 FIRESTORM (Better) ██████

Spoiler
1-Firestorm (Blue)
2-Life Leech (Red)
3L-Spell Echo (Blue)
4L-Concentrated Effect (Blue) OR Increased Duration (Red)
5L-Fire Penetration (Red) OR Increased Duration (Red)
6L-Faster Casting (Blue) OR Increased Duration (Red)

With a 4L, you can swap Conc effect for Fire pen or Increased duration if getting 3 off color is too hard.

Does it work for boss and single target?: yes!
Spoiler
145 Mana/Cast - A minimum of 38 fireballs (54 with increased duration, 60 with 20q) - At least 18 fireballs need to hit the target with +8 LGOH.

██████ ALTERNATIVE #2 INCINERATE (Not tested) ██████

Spoiler
1-Incinerate (Blue)
2-Life Leech (Red)
3L-Greater Multiple Projectiles (Green)
4L-Spell Echo (Blue)
5L-Faster Casting (Blue) OR Faster Projectiles (Green)
6L-Faster Projectiles (Green) OR Fire Penetration (Red)

Does it work for boss and single target: not really...
Spoiler
49 Mana/Cast - 10 Projectiles - At least 6 projectiles need to hit the target with +8 LGOH.
Therefore the LGOH from Cybil's Paw might not be enough for single target even with +8 LGOH for a 6L.

Also the fact that you can't move while casting make it less HC viable. I recommend the alternative #1.

██████ OTHER ██████

CWDT 4L (Need testing)
Spoiler
CWDT ~15
Vaal Discipline
Molten Shell
Increased Duratrion

A normal CWDT setup might be better.

Lightning Warp 3L
Spoiler
Lightning Warp
Faster Casting
Reduced Duration

If you see anything I should change or have any question post them in the comment.
Last edited by Indubitablementable on Jul 15, 2014, 4:23:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info