Spellpower, near the shadows tree. Can it be changed to something more universal?

Behind it and infront of it are all talents that can be used for a variety of build types, but it is a bottle neck talent that works ONLY on spells. So say you want to make an elemental melee build, you'll probably want to pass through it, but if you dont use spells, its a useless bottleneck point.

Can it be adjusted?

Either change it to something more universal, or add another stat to it that is non-spell focused.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The passive tree already gives a lot for attackers in terms of crit. The Shadow and Witch areas favour spellcasters (only slightly in the Shadow case) to even things up a bit. Even on an attack build, that one useless node doesn't really hurt you because it leads straight into the Assassination cluster, which is a good source of crit for almost any build in that general area.

The passive tree also used to be a lot more generous with crit mult. It's been toned down for good reason. With attackers especially, you also have to consider the base crit chance available from optimised weapons, whereas spell users have to just accept whatever base crit chance their chosen spell comes with.
Last edited by Incompetent on Jul 15, 2014, 11:08:14 AM
If you're going raw elemental damage on a weapon the attacker path is good. If you're going raw spellcasting the spellcaster path is good. I can't think of a particularly compelling reason to change the setup.

And an elemental attacker can go through AS-Dex-Dex-Dex-AS-HP/Mana to get to the elemental nodes if they're desperate for a small amount of WED. If anything the One Hand weapon damage should be something else. Or not phys only.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
If you're going raw elemental damage on a weapon the attacker path is good. If you're going raw spellcasting the spellcaster path is good. I can't think of a particularly compelling reason to change the setup.

I think the fact that all the nodes before it are universal, and all the nodes infront of it are also universal is a pretty compelling reason.

It makes the idea of making, say, an elemental melee character feel very bad when you have to waste a point or go around.

And all that is assuming you start as a shadow... sometimes you want to start as someone else and go into the shadows. That point being there useful ONLY for casters, blocking your sweet ass nodes is extremely frustrating when theorycrafting.

Giving it something for melee elemental, or swapping its position with the universal one would vastly improve the area.

Something like +10% melee elemental damage would do, but preferably something more interesting.

Last edited by borigsmorgue on Jul 15, 2014, 9:24:59 PM
The AS on the attack path isn't universal. It's only helpful for attackers. I think it should be changed to something more universal so that non-attackers don't feel like they can't take the path.

Getting my point?

There are two ways to deal damage in this game. Attacks and spells. The spell damage nodes are the most universal way to increase spell damage in the game. If there's an issue it's that the lower path has physical attack damage instead of attack speed. So if one of the paths needs changing it's the lower one.
"
Autocthon wrote:
The AS on the attack path isn't universal. It's only helpful for attackers. I think it should be changed to something more universal so that non-attackers don't feel like they can't take the path.

Getting my point?

No im not getting your point. Because casters dont need attack speed or attack damage. The attack speed or damage nodes arnt bottlenecking anything a caster would want.
Last edited by borigsmorgue on Jul 16, 2014, 2:20:44 PM
"
borigsmorgue wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

Getting my point?

No im not getting your point. Because casters dont need attack speed or attack damage. The attack speed or damage nodes arnt bottlenecking anything a caster would want.
You want to change the opening to the spellpath to be universal for casters and elemental melee. If a path needs changing it's the actual melee path.

What you're saying (paraphrased so you get the point)

"The spell power on the caster path isn't universal. It's only helpful for casters and should be changed so non-casters don't feel like they can't take the path".

The issue however is not the spell nodes. It's the fact that the melee path is AS-MS-PHYSx3 when it should be AS-MS-ASx3 or AS-MS-MeleeDamagex3
NO NOT THE OPENING.

THE NODE CALLED SPELLPOWER, that is between the elemental nodes and the crit nodes.

Not the first 2 nodes of the shadow tree that give SPELL DAMAGE. They dont bottleneck anything.
"
borigsmorgue wrote:
NO NOT THE OPENING.

THE NODE CALLED SPELLPOWER, that is between the elemental nodes and the crit nodes.

Not the first 2 nodes of the shadow tree that give SPELL DAMAGE. They dont bottleneck anything.
Which doesn't bottleneck anything that path is trying to do (spells). Trying to use a spellcasting focused nodepath for elemental melee is the issue here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info