Creating a Unique Item

So you're giving casters 20-30 nodes to free up to put into ele/spell damage to make up for the lack of wand/shield, a 7L, another 7L, and 5L's if they want.

How in the flying fuck is this remotely balanced? Discharge will be fucking hilariously broken with this. Either the power creep has absolutely flown off the handle in PoE, or you flat out fucked up the balance on this.
The item sucks. Doesn't have culling. Useless for MF.
In-Game Name: BLOOBERRY_
Mall/Shop: 800001 ---------- Magic-Find Build: 746000

[NUKE]
Oh wow.

Looks like I'll be doing my first hardcore league.
"Witty remark."

Talisman SC
IGN: HerbalD
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Per level? Per what level? Character? Item? Area? Come on... that's so ambiguous.

If you didn't figure out it was character level immediately...

Area level would make it change constantly, and cap out early, Ilvl would be the same as tthe other, and would make it static at all times. It's obviously character level.

This axe is really cool because it starts out as a decent leveling weapon for melee, and then transforms into a caster powerhouse later on at 80+. 300-400% global crit, with all damage types leeching life on crit, and potions regained on crit, sounds like it'd be amazing for something like fire/cold spell crit, or even arc if built right.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
I enjoyed that post and the item seems pretty cool. Although it is a level 37 and I don't see anyone building around a level 37 item so it is basically worthless.

You should make the crit damage or physical damage scale with your level as well so people can build around it. Unless the crit adds up to enough damage but I don't think it will.
Last edited by heyyous on Jul 14, 2014, 1:40:45 AM
interesting melee weapon for caster.
Not even sure it has been thought this way...
IGN TylordRampage
Nice little 'HC better than SC' comment at the end about true potential.

i quit
Are you kidding us? No, really? I just kept waiting for a reveal of a good unique at the end and even after every mode of it being totally uncompatible with the base... And in the end I saw some vendor food. It is useless for all attack builds as it does almost no damage and has no aspd. For a caster? Where is crit multi? spell damage, castspeed?

It has on lvl 100 chararcter (unreachable for most) twice as much crit chance than wand+shield combo for a caster, not too shaby. Too bad these also have spelldamage, crit multi, cast speed, defenses, added stats. Why are you always afraid to go all out? You get a nice consept but are always afraid to follow through and end up with an underpowered item. Did shavs and CoE really scare you so much?
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Jul 14, 2014, 2:13:53 AM
"
Jideament wrote:
Puncture +

GG

You cannot use Punture with a axe.
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Are you kidding us? No, really? I just kept waiting for a reveal of a good unique at the end and even after every mode of it being totally uncompatible with the base... And in the end I saw some vendor food. It is useless for all attack builds as it does almost no damage and has no aspd. For a caster? Where is crit multi? spell damage, castspeed?

So you were hoping for a BiS unique that's like a glorified rare?

Unique should have something unique in it (like this axe has) and then lack in other aspects, making the choice whether to use it or, truly a choice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info