expensive pets - suggestion, please

If you are pricing pets at $30+ or even $100+, can you update the AI so that the pet actually does something cool besides just following you around? I picked up the Spectral Basilisk when he was on sale and while he looks cool and you guys nailed the lizard behavioral animation, everything else is a bit underwhelming.

I think you should have them either perform tricks on some command or have them respond to your character actions like if you are casting a spell or something - have the pet run back and dodge your attacks or something.

Basically get a bit more creative with the AI if you want people to dish out $100 or even $1000 for eye candy.

Thanks!
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Hi

Agreed. I have suggested before that the pets could even try to attack the other little creatures that roam Wraeclast or the rogue exiles with pets...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

Agreed. I have suggested before that the pets could even try to attack the other little creatures that roam Wraeclast or the rogue exiles with pets...

cheers

why is it so hard for people to understand what PAY TO WIN is?

that would be pay to win because u pay to get a pet that helps to kill, and people who doesnt buy it wont get that advantage, they wont kill as fast as you, you will win faster than them because u paid.

ON TOPIC: pets are useless and overpriced. i dont think they are worth it. 25 dollars for a shoked bat or a flaming dog? ... not mentioning those pets under 15 dollars because u wont even see them while playing, they are even more useless..

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
"
why is it so hard for people to understand what PAY TO WIN is?

Calm down man I think the pet can 'attack' and do no damage in which case it would not be pay to win... it would just be adorable.

The pets are expensive, and so the suggestion is to make them more entertaining. People will pay for 'good entertainment' which is what these pets are (albeit right now they are *not* good entertainment).
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Hi

Tips for Kandamo:
Step 1. Learn to read.
Step 2. Don't fly off the handle.
Step 3. Read again what I wrote, if still confused type a question.

Glad we cleared that up.

Further explanation:Hmm I wrote that the pets would attack the other little creatures of wraeclast,ie: the little cats in black wood, etc., etc.

You might have misconstrued this next part of what I wrote about attacking rogue exiles pets, I meant the pets of the rogue exiles would fight your pet, duh! SO relax Kandamo, I too dislike the current trend of having a pet attack stuff for you in other games, ie:TL2. Sit back and let the pet do sheeit for you?, heeeeelllllll nooooooo, lmao can't even stand using minions as a necromancer.

Cgexile gets what I mean, the pets would merely chase and attack the things your exile can't even kill or touch, have you tried running over those little critters? unlike D3 they do not get squished, the pets on the other hand could interact with these denizens of Wraeclast, HENCE NO PAY TO WIN merely cool little pet battles you can laugh at or even pet dances in future...

cheers

Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
Last edited by Finkenstein on Jul 13, 2014, 2:24:18 PM
It would be cool to be able to click on your pet in town and have them do tricks. Or the tricks could be activated when you make your character "dance".

Another addition could be to have them flip out when monsters are near.

I would like pets to act sort of like a dog on a leash. It will walk out in front of you then start going apeshit when enemies get within a certain distance from you.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Hi

AlfaTangOh
"
It would be cool to be able to click on your pet in town and have them do tricks. Or the tricks could be activated when you make your character "dance".

Another addition could be to have them flip out when monsters are near.

First idea great, second not good since that would be advantageous if pets would act as early monster detectors(I might have interpreted your idea wrong), I would prefer if the pet picked at the dead monsters bodies or battled rogue exiles pets or chased the little Wraeclastian lizards, snakes and stuff that your exile can't squish when running over.

cheers
"
Finkenstein wrote:
...second not good since that would be advantageous if pets would act as early monster detectors(I might have interpreted your idea wrong), ...

I see what you were saying. How about if they flipped out only after you've begun to fight?
Last edited by AlfaTangOh on Jul 31, 2014, 11:33:45 PM
Hi

AlfaTangOh
"
I see what you were saying. How about if they flipped out only after you've begun to fight?

That would be awesome like the little pet was cheering you on, depending on your life throughout the battle the little pet could hide its face when your closer to dying, and do flips or something when your kicking arse)

cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info