Linux Client?

With the influx of Linux gaming SteamOS etc is there any work being done for a native linux client?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Daedulus wrote:
With the influx of Linux gaming SteamOS etc is there any work being done for a native linux client?

Not a fat chance. There's so much technical improvements to the game GGG should be working on, no way they are gonna bother with this. I wouldn't wont them - and I use Linux every day.

I'm guessing here that since PoE runs kinda badly on the native Win platform (bad graphics & asset loading performance), it would run even worse though Wine?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
At the moment no, and it looks unlikely in the future. Your best bet is to use Wine which works pretty well. There's more info here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8980

I use PlayOnLinux which makes things a bit easier.
"
morbo wrote:
it would run even worse though Wine?

No, it actually runs fantastic under wine with a decent system even with high textures. I've built several of these for friends:

Intel Core i3-4360
Nvidia GTX 750 TI
8 GB DDR3
SSD
Ubuntu

My guide
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
it would run even worse though Wine?

No, it actually runs fantastic under wine with a decent system even with high textures. I've built several of these for friends:

Intel Core i3-4360
Nvidia GTX 750 TI
8 GB DDR3
SSD
Ubuntu

My guide

Hm, interesting. I'm currently using Linux exclusively for work related things (and Win only for games), but I might try to run PoE through Wine in the future.

Thanks for that!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
So, I am guessing that I should NOT switch to Linux Ubuntu if I want to keep playing POE??
I have downloaded Wine, but am not yet using it, but was planning to switch out my Windows 7 for Ubuntu, but it seems like a TON of steps necessary to get almost anything to run on Linux....
As to the post providing steps to run POE on Wine, I can appreciate the time taken to provide this step by step process, but I do not have NVidia GeForce as my graphics card, and so I am not confident that this will work for me. I am using AMD Radeon HD as my graphics card.
Alas, I guess if I make the switch that is it for POE, and that is disappointing, TRULY!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info