Are we gonna pretend that...

I would but I get the feeling that I'm not liked by them so perhaps someone else should do it.

It still doesn't solve the issue of under-the-radar hacking going on. Sure we may catch the blatant ones but for every guy hacking on the ladder, there are like twenty others doing less obvious things.

And it will happen again next season with us having to go through this whole charade again.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 11, 2014, 3:33:55 PM
"
Universalis wrote:

in europe too and many other countries the "innocence" is definitely the best choice considering the amount of people that get death sentence mistakely.

I've already explained this earlier, but I'll explain it again. The presumption of innocence in the real world is the result of practical observations. In the real world, there are alot less criminals than innocent people (this is even more so the case when you limit the scope to just a single crime), so the presumption of innocence makes sense in the real world.

This isn't the real world though, for all we know the number of hackers could be smaller, the same as, or even greater than the number of legit racers.

Would a presumption of innocence make any sense in a world where absolutely everyone is a criminal?

#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 11, 2014, 3:48:08 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:

in europe too and many other countries the "innocence" is definitely the best choice considering the amount of people that get death sentence mistakely.

I've already explained this earlier, but I'll explain it again. The presumption of innocence in the real world is the result of practical observations. In the real world, there are alot less criminals than innocent people (this is even more so the case when you limit the scope to just a single crime), so the presumption of innocence makes sense in the real world.

This isn't the real world though, for all we know the number of hackers could be smaller, the same as, or even greater than the number of legit racers.

Would a presumption of innocence make any sense in a world where absolutely everyone is a criminal?

Hi, do you have any real data showing this ?
"
Anum_Lautus wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:

Hi, do you have any real data showing this ?

Showing what?
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
I would really like to see ,,villain´s" reaction to this thread
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014
"
Shade444 wrote:
I would really like to see ,,villain´s" reaction to this thread

id rather see ggg's reaction to this issue
PoE racing is a joke.
Well mallow, i'm surprised to see the first person to be handed a temporarily ban for maphacking. Let me change the question then, has anyone seen a person getting permanently banned (he has red "Banned" in his profile) for using a cheating software in races, not botting or RMTing?

I can't believe some of you are suggesting to post this stuff on reddit. Do you realize how many people there race? How many of them actually understand what racing is and what defines a good racer? Even in this thread you can see people who don't understand what the hell i'm talking about. I'm sorry, Universalis, but your jumping on the subject of zoomhack firestorming and then mentioning some urban legend of 5 sec merveil runs make me realize that you do not understand what cheating in racing really is (your 81 lifetime season points confirm that). It's not breaking the game physics or using speedhacks - it's obtaining more information than possible using illegal ways and then using this information to plan your course of action.

If i post my pictures on reddit, do you realize what the reaction would be?
1) Lol, who cares about racing in PoE, they better fix the desync.
2) Racing is shit, nobody cares about it. <- sad but true.
"
Dahrak wrote:
PoE racing is a joke.

3) Man, it's so hard for me to get the 120 points reward when i have a job, a family and have to take out my dog for walks.
4) Wow, there's some new guy on the block who's beating all the old guard and one of them is so butthurt that he spends 5 hours everyday drawing up shitty tables in Excel that have a lot of numbers and prove nothing.

How do you expect me to make them understand that it's highly improbable to start beating people like Rithz and janimauk on shadow in burst races, because they have been winning them for 4-5 seasons. For them Rithz and janimauk are empty words, people they have no knowledge of. How do you expect them to understand that it's impossible to get such consistent results in DC when the race has such a huge variance in zone EXP due to the fact that it's short and you cannot reset zones. For them it's the best race ever (confirmed by amount of people participating) because it differs from the normal game and you get points even if you die. They can also play the cookie-cutter build of witch/templar going flameblast with 2 swords to farm easy points.

You have to be good at something to understand how it works, and you have to understand how something works to be good at it. That's why people who are not good in racing will most likely not understand what i'm talking about here.

I'm glad we have the example of Alkaizer, who came back to PoE racing and is absolutely shit at it compared to his old standards. He even stopped streaming the races once he realized he couldn't win them anymore. To Mors and me that's all the proof we ever needed about him. You might say that he hasn't played PoE for a while, that he was playing RoS. Let me remind you that he came back at the very end of Season 4 after being 1,5 months away and almost set 2 signature records in a turbo signature race.

I will email Qarl when i have all the information that i'm able to gather from open sources and when i have my thoughts sorted out. Will probably again look like a personal crusade against another player. But i just love racing and care about it :(
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
Players emailing ggg supposed cheater statistics and circumstantial evidence isnt going to have a significant impact on the issue, nor would blizzardesque random ban waves, or gggs apparently next to useless anti-cheat / heuristics / whatever, or even every race being fixed seed (unless they start fixing monster spawns and adding them to the minimap too).

The only change thats going to severely diminish or outright remove maphacking and its derivatives for good is to move away from the garbage brand new for 1999, copy-pasted straight from diablo 2 map seed code that trusts the client completely and just sends them detailed info about everything on the map as soon as they load the zone.

And its pretty poor form that were expected to tolerate gamebreaking desync in the name of server security, but then theres this gaping security hole thats been here from the start yet has never been improved upon or seriously addressed, and has been allowed to wreck ladders and races for 8+ seasons.
IGN: KoTao
i guess it's funny that i have had same name every race for the past 5 season and 99% of races i do i place in top20. still, even now i can go troll global asking how to kill brutus/merveil and nobody on race global recognizes me. not even racers themselves recognize top racers

edit: forgot to quote cwu
Last edited by janimauk on Jul 12, 2014, 1:30:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info