Been gone for months, what do I do?

So PoE is obviously an incredibly complex game when it comes to builds. I've been gone for many months now and a lot has changed. The biggest problem I have with coming back to PoE is finding a build I want to try out.

I have no idea what skills are good anymore, what the new skills do, ect. I stopped playing before the Vaal gems were released, to give you an idea of where my knowledge ends.

So I'm here looking either for suggestions or for links to good material detailing some good builds or something. I ONLY PLAY hardcore, so please no glass cannon SC builds.

In the past I always played a dual totem sporker before they were nerfed into the ground. That sort of fits my playstyle. I like summoners, casters or melee. No bow users plx.

Obviously it would be good if this is a low-cost build, since its likely what I'll be rerolling in the new leagues or with very little available currency in the current HC league.
Last edited by Alcsaar on Jul 10, 2014, 6:57:50 AM
The class specific sections usually give you a good idea in regards to popular / decent builds.
New leagues start in Agusut, so there might be some changes (mainly around snapshotting) until then, but good/popular builds atm are:

- arc (self cast & totem)
- righteous fire
- ele bussaw
- detonate dead
- incinerate
- dual flame totem
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Ineffablebob's Self-Found Summoner
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/860444

Mivo's Blood Magic Dual Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/827006
the build of the weeks are a surely good place to start.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
the build of the weeks are a surely good place to start.
I don't think so:
"
Alcsaar wrote:
Obviously it would be good if this is a low-cost build, since its likely what I'll be rerolling in the new leagues or with very little available currency in the current HC league.
Last BotWs (except elebuzzsaw) were f***ing insanely expensive.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Jul 10, 2014, 10:43:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info