Shadow/Witch CoC wander - help me craft the build!

Greetings fellow exile!
Alright, that's kinda cheesy...

Thing is, I have this build in mind - the main damage would come via Cast on Crit Arc and Cold snap (that would also cause shocks and freezes), procced by a Barrage.

The defensive focus was going to be ES, not entirely decided between using a Solaris Lorica and going lowlife, or maybe even CI.
(can't afford a Shav's yet, but I know it's better, duh)

If you have a minute's time and the knowledge about wands/ES that I lack, please take a look at this tree and point out the obvious mistakes I made. :D

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAv4EBwdjDkgRUBGWE54WvxcvF9gc3B0UHaoksCoLLJwspi0fL28xiTQKN2Y74TyOQsNDY0ZxTLNOulO4VdZXK1j1Wbxd8l76ZOdmT2aeZ71qP20ZcFJwu3DVcU1-M3_GgKSBSYIQgwmFVYbRiEKJ04t6jDaOvo9GkNaSwZMnms-boZ2jncSio6SRpyusmLI4tAy0OLcxu9bAUcHFwfPDbcUo0DnQ0NVP2RPed9-E37DhiOL341bjhOTr5Rnmgeq67Bjub_Id8-r06fZb99f60vv1_Ks=
Your build isn't cheesy, I did a ranger version of this build, and I love it. Having said that I am planning on getting a Windripper. If you don't have a Windripper, the wand route is more solid in my opinion because of the high crit %. The biggest thing is always having your barrage+gmp proccing CoC.. after all is said and done, crit chance for barrage needs to be around 80% to 90%.

ANYWAY, here's my skill tree suggestions:

- One thing I noticed is that you could have got 2 more max power charges with just 3 points spent in the tree. Are you planning on getting/keeping power charges to maximize your crit, or just do it with global crit on gear?

- I noticed you took wand physical dmg nodes. IMO it's not worth it to take any physical dmg nodes at all on a CoC build like this. Just my preference.

- I'd also remove any 'chance to freeze' or any single element dmg nodes and put them into straight spell dmg or ele dmg. For example: 16% increased cold dmg isn't as good as 10% spell dmg (that 10% applies to both your lightning AND cold - 20% total).

- Chance to shock is okay I guess, as that will ramp up your damage hitting shocked enemies
- I like taking the Haste node near the very start of the shadow tree, along with the 2 projectile dmg nodes (remember projectile damage will buff your wand dps and the projectile spells procced with CoC)
Last edited by hambomb on Jul 11, 2014, 4:37:48 PM
Similar comment as iPhi. I have noticed that physical damage in a CoC build is not a main stat. Therefore I recommend to spend those points somewhere else. Survivability is a main problem with these builds or you can spend those points in more spell / elemental damage increase.
Last edited by zyndarius on Jul 26, 2014, 3:03:42 PM
Power charges it your friend. 50% chance to crit to barrage and spells per charge is a must have.
I fear you are committing overkill on the auras.
I'd suggest that storm call is tested when at high crit. you'd be able to get + 80 crit from qual.
For my own curiosity, I'd like to see ball lightning also. Being a projectile and with gmp + a fuckton of individual casts it would cover everything. Also, it could give the build a bonus from AOE focus.

With low life, pain attunement???

Lastly, shadow evation + es nodes might be worth with all that aura focus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info