An old player looking for help - Rain of Arrows marauder.

Hai pipol.

I've been off PoE for quite some time. I've been away from Wraeclast for like a year by the moment of the official release of the game (beta -> production).

Recently I was looking for some random stuff on the google and stumbled upon some PoE picture and immediately a soft clean voice in my head (well, one of them. ahem.) said "tala moana, marauder of Ngamakanui".

And I remembered that I still have a lvl 81 marauder.
I'd like to give the guy a chance to play his muscles once more. But I noticed that
- passive skill web is totally revamped
- aurae are nerfed (I remember to carry 6 or 7 aurae at the same time, and now their mana reservation amount look horrible, I won't be able to carry more than 3 or 4 at best).
- there's a crapload of new skill gems, a new class, a new boss, a new formula of accounting flee and def with Iron Reflexes and def+flee passives.

I'm a bit lost. I have a bunch of questions answers to which would be really helpful for me to get some directions in modern Wraeclast.
First, some general questions.
1). Is the game still about +life items and passives? What is a good amount of life I should strive for on a life based build?
Same about energy shield for ES based build (with and without CI).
2). What is a minimum amount of DPS I should aim for? At what point do I change grind-to-survive to grind-to-improve?
3). Is the def formula still the same? Like, the more damage comes in one hit, the less reduction is.
4). Is flee reliable enough to build a flee dependent character and push him into a lvl70+ map?
5). Is the Covenant aurae trick still in game?

Then, a couple of more specific questions.
I mentioned a lvl 81 marauder.
I have a free full respec (101 skillpoints to use, booya!).
I have the following gear:

- Rare pure physical bow (1.74 aps, 64-188 damage, 5L+1)
- Blackgleam cured quiver
- 578 flee 3L+1 tricorn with resists and +84 life
- 494/494 hybrid 5L armor with resists and +74 life
- 124/124 hybrid 4L gloves with resists and +71 life
- 353 def 4L boots with resists and +79 life
- rare belt with 200+ def and +85 life
- +life and resists and whatever jewellery
- the Covenant.

I was using a RoA build back then - RoA + faster attacks + weapon elemental damage + concentrated effect + blood magic, that was my setup.

So um.. I'd really appreciate if someone helped me to build a proper RoA marauder with blood magic gems that would be descent with my current items (for now). I'm really afraid to screw the character up, 'cause I'll definitely have neither time no patience to build a character anew.
I tried to look for proper builds on the forum, but what I found was a number of threads with OP's question and zero replies, and a bunch of pre-release threads.

Thanks in advance!

Edit.

Right now I came up with the following build. But it's kind of a half assed set of passvives put together without even looking at the new aurae and other skils on the wiki.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQLv-iD18_f-Mx-_IvqBhqHtIh977BBHloC2F4DVivNug6UjJ-hO907XrvYEsFLUCgnrleExvIQzG2QWqTTioppRm0-rHqYt7GzZi-pxkuJ-2sqnKpfNnE9j0PJIt8u8WK8B8EswJxFE2iADKJd-VX4uw4GjinhJBVDjxCo3YIKU_kIhpsGYUkqjbp42r60hcvhtEksICkVdZk51cN2WF3YqlubEZybDIJn8tGaVW1ns1uaYTZZU1HfqvFZKMaVWEhgpvfbw==
Last edited by Naranjadita on Jul 10, 2014, 3:45:34 AM
bows don't seem to be that strong anymore. they might become viable with august patch/expac though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info