about exiles everywhere races

i really like the exiles everywhere race, it rapidly became one of my favourite races, and i understand that is not the most serious of races, is a fun and kinda crazy mode, but still,i think there are a couple of major problems with this type of race that, at least for me, make it a lot less fun to play
Igna Phoenix and Xandro Blooddrinker
Igna uses righteous fire at level 1 and the problem with her is that... well, she uses righteous fire at level 1, she is basically impossible to kill for a melee character untill you manage to max out your fire resist, and at level 1 that can be somewhat tricky
but that's not really a big deal, you can run around her and she's pretty easy to avoid
xano is the real problem
holy sweet merciful christ xano, this guy makes no sense
he has insane attack speed for a perma stun gound slam, can keep up with you easily with leap and his damage is way higher than anything else
it wouldn't be that bad, if he wasn't also a desync master
xano is a brutus on steroids, is hard to see him coming because he can leap slam for very far away, and if you have any sort of lag or desync, you're basically dead when he hits you
now, i'm no race master, but i'm pretty sure that he is impossible to fight at low levels, you can't avoid his slam like you would with brutus or kole because is way too fast, and you can't dps him because he has massive stun
i don't know, maybe there is a way to handle a blooddrinker at low levels and i'm just dumb, but i really think he should be nerfed at low levels, either his attack speed or his leap slam, this race is supposed to be really really hard, but this guy is just ridicolous, he's the main reason i've died in this race and i had to reset many instances just because he was sittini close to the entrance or in a narrow passage where i could not run away from him
the race is hard, that's good, but xano is just ridicolous, in my opinion at least
this race is another casual rng crap race
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:

But it is fun! :)

I agree though, there are most definitely some changes that could improve the overall balance of this race.
@OP

It was my first "exiles" race today;

Was kinda destroyed by the groundslam one at level 5 or so... But i still remade a char and continued; then i realised after few kills it was ok, the drops are doing it, the micro management is very important, like saving blue small size items for buying wisdoms stock in the first phase... And saving waypoints is also good idea...
I had issues with the groundslam and the trap one the first time, but once geared, all got destroyed :>

"
jstq wrote:

This kind of attitude is a shame for all top players imo.
Last edited by Universalis on Jul 9, 2014, 1:25:44 PM
"
Universalis wrote:

"
jstq wrote:

I dont understand it either, this is a game about loot, ofc RNG is always going to influence it.
And honestly if everything was the exact same for everyone it would be boring as hell, Might as well make a map that is a thight corridor, with no way to get past enemies, with every enemy droping the same thing for everyone, Im falling asleep just thinking of it.
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:

"
jstq wrote:

I dont understand it either, this is a game about loot, ofc RNG is always going to influence it.
And honestly if everything was the exact same for everyone it would be boring as hell, Might as well make a map that is a thight corridor, with no way to get past enemies, with every enemy droping the same thing for everyone, Im falling asleep just thinking of it.

1 hour fixed seed 4 times per day for the whole race season, and only this ...

too much casual rng with blue packs anyway
i choosed a 2h glacial hammer/ice nova tactic solo this time and it went really well got rank 10 templar every exile dies in 3-4 blows and is frozen 40% of the time

only exile which is kinda hard is igna the enegryhield combined with the RF and firestorm is quite annoying

you have to fight them and gear up then its cakewalk
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 10, 2014, 5:52:03 AM
exiles everywhere is not a serious race, its extremely RNG gated
HOWEVER...

it is MAAAAD MAD fun.

I remember global errupting with commentary during those races
and we all loved AND hated the injustice of it all...

the ludicrous underpowered start of the race,
followed by the glorious triumphant first exile kill...

which rapidly provided the items to chain those exile
kills.

totally unfair race and god damn I loved it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info