Arcane Armor Change/Suggestion

I know a lot of people don't really like the skulls, although the set may be a bit too plain without them, I had an idea I wanted to suggest.

Maybe replace the blue skulls with blue runes - this keeps the level of flashiness and mysticism it has, while also making it match the name better.
I like that idea.
I'd take that farther and make them red runes.
I don't think anyone would like the item they purchased for not a less amount of bucks changed so easily. It's the same reason why the Seraph armor wasn't changed although there was much more of an outcry. Probably another reason is that it just sells really well. :P

Making both your suggested Arcane Armor and the original one fill the same niche is also a bit problematic from a salesman point of perspective. You already satisfied the need of the targeted audience, why invest money again to try milk them a bit more, which might not work at all?

It's better to follow the Seraph Armor approach here. Let them have the Angelic/Bad Boy stuff and supply a simple version filling the niche of maybe a sinister looking rogue. Call it Scout Armor or whatever. :P
I think a plain set and also a rune set with different color palette would both sell well.
Also, I'd like to see an alternate version of the Arcane head skin that doesn't change the face but keeps the hood.
Hi

I bought the Brazilian package and got 400pts+ extras(Brilliant) then bought the new arcane set. I really like this set and agree it would be too plain without the floating skulls; don't get me wrong I really like my arcane set compared to the other choices but I find the floating skulls kind of look like ethereal semen or jellyfish.

The arcane suggestion is ironic to me because I use the arcane weapon mtx with this set on and it looks awesome. It would be cooler if they added runes to the gear instead of skulls and kept the ethereal swirling skulls but made them more 3-d'ish and less noticeably 2-d.

What I would love to see is some arcane footprints next or a full on Necrotic set:)

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Finkenstein wrote:
but I find the floating skulls kind of look like ethereal semen

LOL! And I thought we were being harsh with Hot Topic, My Little Ponies, etc.
Hi

feyith
"
LOL! And I thought we were being harsh with Hot Topic, My Little Ponies, etc.

Who wants to be ma'fellow exiled Brony?'cause friendship is M-A-G-I-C-A-L:)

Still love the arcane set despite the ethereal semen/jellyfish resemblance of them floating things around my characters chest area. I just like to be honest its the best most useful thing GGG could want. As writ before just make them more 3-d and less 2-d and I am sure it would look better or lose some of the tail and make the floating skulls more defined.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Jul 11, 2014, 1:07:44 PM
I feel this was a huge oversight and rushed. I wanted to post about this and am glad someone did. I would have bought this set by now if they had stuck with the Arcane look of runes. It would go with the weapon MTX and also could lead to awesome footprints. I was pretty disappointed by the skulls over runes as they would look so much cooler and would actually go with the Arcane look.

Just replace the blue skulls with blue runes, the skulls will not be missed! <3 I love you GGG!
noun: escapism

the tendency to seek distraction and relief from unpleasant realities, especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info