Scion Animator/Raging Spirit for 1 Month HC

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABkkQlxNsFSAXLxmFGYYZihoyGmwajx2qHb4kqiSwKPoppSpNKpgs6TGeNZI26TrhPydBh0QERnFKfUrITblN404qUWBVxlYtWW1akVuvX5hnoGh0aqxsFm6qb55wfYCkgseDCYPbhWCG0Yd2iECI8Y9GkDOUoJuhm7WdrqZXpqynCKh9qZWqxKxHrH-18rc-uJPDOspKzLzOcc9l0NDT-9hN2QvaYt0N4Yjjauss6-7yRfPd9tr31_no-oD60vsJ_Ev8xf4K_o8=

Basic principles...I like raging spirits...and animate weapon...so considering they are both minion spells and they both benefit from elemental auras there should be a pretty potent build here with the new SRS buff. Fairly standard auramancer minion build with skill duration nodes, decent bit of life, a bit of spell block

Looking for critique on the skill tree - gone through a bunch of iterations on the offline skill calculator using maurauder, scion, witch and sofar the best balance of stats that I can achieve by level 80 is with this build.

I know that I have the stats to run the gems that I want to run but I'm wondering if I have enough aura nodes to run what I want to run aura-wise?

Hoping to run wrath, anger, grace, clarity (maybe on health?) considering the danger of the league I'd probably drop an elemental aura to run grace if I can't have all three of the big ones.

any thoughts on what can be changed to improve the build? What am I not thinking of?
Alternate build: Poebuilder link.

Thoughts in semi-random order: Your build didn't have enough life % for HC. Not sure about the points you invested in block. If raging spirits or animated weapons can block then Necro Aegis seems like it would be OP. I skipped minion life and minion resist nodes. Those can be added easily, if necessary. The thing about using zombie/scepter/skeleton is no links available. I took EB so that AA is a possibility, as well as mana reg for spaming spirits. Auras something like Hatred, Haste, Grace. Hatred is better than anger/wrath if you throw in a MPD into your weapon/spirit links. Also I believe Hatred isn't penalised by SRS 70% damage effectiveness penalty like Anger/Wrath are. Haste is good because it increases your cast rate for summoning spirits as well as the spirit/weapon's attack speed, though it may be worse than Wrath, when animated weapons are involved, not sure. Also grab EE and use arc to proc if you don't use wrath.

Links IMO:
SRS - MPD - Spell Echo - Inc Dura - Multistrike/Melee Splash
Animate Weapon - MPD - Inc Dura - Melee Splash/Multistrike

A not very user friendly calculator I wrote for SRS links/auras for 1.1-1.4.

Bandits probably oak kill kill, because 4% cast speed is attainable in the Nimbleness cluster.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jul 8, 2014, 4:01:02 PM
I've just done this in softcore challenge, really fun, died quite a bit by getting ahead of myself, was playing lvl74 maps when I was lvl75 at the end. So long as you not as silly as that you'll be fine.

I went for using spell totems for the raging spirits, so I wasn't having to stand still trying to cast loads. I went for ancestral bond to deploy 2 totems. I then used zombies as meat shields along with minion stability.
Animate weapon on really comes into it own in merciless and is superb in maps, before then they're nice to have but don't rely on them.
Aura's - Hatred and Wrath are a must for this build - most of the damage comes from them.

Build will need a bit of changing for hardcore but this sort of were I was.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABkkQlxGWE2wVIBZvFy8ZhRmGGYoabBqPHNwdqh2-JKoksCj6KhMqTSqYLKcvbzbpPI4_J0QERZ1GcUjnSshNuVXGVdZWLVfJWW1Z81orWpFfmGTnZp5odGqsbBZvnnC7eqp_xoCkgseDCYPbhWCG0YhAj0aQM5MnlKCa4Juhm7WdrqPypqynCKh9qsSsR6x_tAy4k7-XwBrDOsk9ykrMvM5xz2XQ0NP72E3ZC9kT2mLhiONq6rrrLOvu8h7z3fba99f56PqA-tL7CfxL
"
Loquis wrote:
I've just done this in softcore challenge, really fun, died quite a bit by getting ahead of myself, was playing lvl74 maps when I was lvl75 at the end. So long as you not as silly as that you'll be fine.

I went for using spell totems for the raging spirits, so I wasn't having to stand still trying to cast loads. I went for ancestral bond to deploy 2 totems. I then used zombies as meat shields along with minion stability.
Animate weapon on really comes into it own in merciless and is superb in maps, before then they're nice to have but don't rely on them.
Aura's - Hatred and Wrath are a must for this build - most of the damage comes from them.

Build will need a bit of changing for hardcore but this sort of were I was.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABkkQlxGWE2wVIBZvFy8ZhRmGGYoabBqPHNwdqh2-JKoksCj6KhMqTSqYLKcvbzbpPI4_J0QERZ1GcUjnSshNuVXGVdZWLVfJWW1Z81orWpFfmGTnZp5odGqsbBZvnnC7eqp_xoCkgseDCYPbhWCG0YhAj0aQM5MnlKCa4Juhm7WdrqPypqynCKh9qsSsR6x_tAy4k7-XwBrDOsk9ykrMvM5xz2XQ0NP72E3ZC9kT2mLhiONq6rrrLOvu8h7z3fba99f56PqA-tL7CfxL

Double totem is much worse than self-cast. To approach self-cast you would need three totem and double curse-removal flasks. Your tree is also ridiculous, 114% life and no mitigation, that's why you were only level 75 in 74 maps, rather than level 84+.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info