Lack of prize for the 1 month event even if pushing leveling. No thanks ?

Joke's on you bro, this is No-devs-land. Welcome to hell
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
As for the topic, i've yet to be happy with the prize structure of any between-season week/month race, and they've tried all manner of things. I much preferred when they were part of the seasons, since at least that way there were two solid targets with good incentives to play for. Lotteries don't incentivize me.

Ironically, i'd actually prefer if the between season races had zero rewards, like the 4 month leagues. That way we'd be solely playing for the fun and competition.

There's some kind of psychological/reward mechanism effect at play here. If there's no rewards, i'm willing to play and compete on the ladder. But if there are garbage lotto-rewards or unattainable ones (top 5), i'm unwilling to play and compete on the ladder.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
As for the topic, i've yet to be happy with the prize structure of any between-season week/month race, and they've tried all manner of things. I much preferred when they were part of the seasons, since at least that way there were two solid targets with good incentives to play for. Lotteries don't incentivize me.

Ironically, i'd actually prefer if the between season races had zero rewards, like the 4 month leagues. That way we'd be solely playing for the fun and competition.

There's some kind of psychological/reward mechanism effect at play here. If there's no rewards, i'm willing to play and compete on the ladder. But if there are garbage lotto-rewards or unattainable ones (top 5), i'm unwilling to play and compete on the ladder.

Stop witht the false dichotomy. There aren't just the two options of the event either being a "between season event with a bad prize structure" or a "season event with a 'good' prize structure".

The third option: "between season event with a good prize structure".
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:

But there need to be bad prize structures in order for us to appreciate the good prize structures!

"
Hybriis wrote:
Joke's on you bro, this is No-devs-land. Welcome to hell

I chortled.
IGN: KoTao
"
SlixSC wrote:

I used to think that, but 3 between-season events later, i've given up on the dream.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jul 8, 2014, 10:44:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info