Animate Guardian Mana Pool

Hey everyone!

I figured this would be the best place to get some answers from knowledgeable people.

So, what's the Animate Guardian's mana pool? If I put a Cloak of Defiance on him, what exactly happens?
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2018, 2:18:44 PM
he doesnt use skills why would u do that ?

mine has a

life leech claw
atziri mirrior
zahndethus cassocks
stakonjas

and life gear boots and gloves always look for curse on hit gloves
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Off topic here,
The animated guardian you all using, do they die often? (assuming Maps lvl more than lvl71 is ran)
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
He doesn't die ever, no. And yes, I know AG doesn't use skills. Cloak of Defiance gives him Mind Over Matter, which removes a percent of his damage taken from his mana pool. I just want to know what his mana pool is so I can decide if it's worthwhile or not.
"
ventiman wrote:

mine has a

life leech claw
atziri mirrior
zahndethus cassocks
stakonjas

Uh for Mind Over Matter, come on mate it's pretty obvious...
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
If he does have a mana pool, its most likely not gonna be big enough to even utilize MoM since it doesn't use skills, but you never know lol.
"
lukeiy wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:

mine has a

life leech claw
atziri mirrior
zahndethus cassocks
stakonjas

yeah but even the mind over matter is a shitty idea comapred you can get 5% aoe lifereg for your army all the time
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
ventiman wrote:
"
lukeiy wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:

mine has a

life leech claw
atziri mirrior
zahndethus cassocks
stakonjas

yeah but even the mind over matter is a shitty idea comapred you can get 5% aoe lifereg for your army all the time

I don't have an army. I use him to buff my teammates with Leer Cast and Dying Breath. I want to keep him alive and reduce his damage taken.

So, anyone have any idea what his mana pool might look like?
It's been nearly a month now, so I'm going to bump for possible info.
even if he had mana mind over matter would be a dumb idea, by simple reason that there are no passives that increase minion mana.

you can get 100%+ increased minion life and 100+ % minion damage , some block (which those nodes are shit) some speed (which are ok) some life regen and some resists , but nothing on mana.

so in terms of min maxing , dont even try for mana.

plus the only chest armor a guardian should have is zahndethus for that farting aoe of healing that ups regen in the area by 4% .

as for gear , i dont understand why you would use some of those items on a guardian.
curse on hit gloves on a summoner openly conflicts with the curses the summoner should have (all summoners should have 2 curses minimum, it is just practical).

and atzis mirror is the same way , curse reflect would conflict with your own curses , plus not using the crest of perandus seems odd , since it adds that 3% life leech.

no leer cast ? sad panda.

unless you 5 link it , the guardian wont ever do much damage so wasting really expensive uniques on it for damage and leech is not recommended , but the base hp of guardians can get pretty damn insane , so regen is a better option.

and you cant really claim to want to reduce his damage taken when you use the staff that makes him take more damage. The best and only thing you can do now is to make sure he has the most massive base hp pool imaginable.

that means throwing him in a +2 helm or shield with a level 3 empower gem and a minion life gem.

if you are not using necro aegis i would suggest getting the summoner unique shield, and 3 link it with empower and minion life. that should put his hp up to pretty stupid levels , and if he does look like he will die just switch weapon sets , so that he respawns at your feet.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 1, 2014, 9:15:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info