Linking lottery madness. People really participate in these?

The real question is:

Why does GGG encourage these lotteries?

I mean, it goes directly against their fusing design. Why doesn't GGG do anything about these lotteries? It makes absolutely no sense for them to not do anything.

Unless... GGG has noticed that streamers get a huge advantage when holding lotteries, so this is a sort of publicity thing. Simply put "Stream and you can bypass our insane blatantly-not-crafting-but-actually-lottery crafting".
"
MuFeR wrote:

What you say is that it's better to buy a coil yourself and 6L it for profit? And what if you reach a few thousand fusings without doing it? It's simple as that, you either gamble to lose thousands of fusings and maybe get nothing out of it or give a stack of fusings and if you're lucky win 15-20exa and if not you didn't lose much.

Uh, Either of those scenerios can happen regardless of whether its your own item or a lotteries. The only real difference is that your own item is safe from any scamming and you win a lot more than 10 or 17ex.

"

It's the same in every thread... if you're really stupid you will throw 500fusings at the guy holding the lottery, if you're not you will gamble with just a few and if you 6L the item its a win-win situation.

Again, you can "gamble with just a few" on your own item. No need for a lottery.

Standard Forever
Yeah I though lotterys suck too and tried to 6 link my coil myself. 50 exalts later my coil is now 2-linked.

When I started buying fusings, there were no 6-link coils for sale in hc. Slowly Im starting to understand why people do lotteries.

Imagine if I did lottery with 20-30 ex prize, now I propably would have 6-linked coil and some guy would have 20-30 ex in his stash.

Well, lesson learned.
Last edited by Kullevi on Jul 14, 2014, 5:23:39 PM
"
Kullevi wrote:
Yeah I though lotterys suck too and tried to 6 link my coil myself. 50 exalts later my coil is now 2-linked.

When I started buying fusings, there were no 6-link coils for sale in hc. Slowly Im starting to understand why people do lotteries.

Imagine if I did lottery with 20-30 ex prize, now I propably would have 6-linked coil and some guy would have 20-30 ex in his stash.

Well, lesson learned.

This thread isn't about why people run lotteries. Thats not hard to understand at all. The question is why do people participate in them. Although if you were really giving a 30ex price out that would make some sense. The examples in this thread are from people giving out prizes of 10-17ex. So congratulations you are the first person to give me an example that makes some amount of sense, of course given that your lottery is legitimate and not a scam.
Standard Forever
My view on this is:

1) Easy change - linking can only improve. So if you have a 3 link 6 socket, it can only go to a 4 link and above. GGG can then add rules to therefore make it more likely to progress. Same with socketing.

2) There is no reason why 5/6 socketing and linking should be so hard. It doesn't really matter if people can achieve this easily by a certain level in much the same way as achieving a 3-linked single handed weapon or a 4-linked helm, gloves or boots. The more links simply mean that people can vary their strategies more - as it stands, most people give up at 6 socket 4 link, but that's no different to a 4-linked helm or gloves or boots. It's also not quite right - someone with a one handed weapon and shield can complete their character with ease, whereas a 2-handed weaponed character has to play the lottery.

I don't think there is any loss if people can easily 6-link their items anymore than if people as they currently can, fully 3 or 4 link their items.

It's the one change I think GGG should make. Well, I think they should socket all amulets and rings and dual socket all belts as with more features like Vaal Gems, there are too many compromises such that people can't fully equip their characters. Ideally you want to have odd sockets for curses, plus a set of socket when using trigger gems and then Vaal gems. But that's going off topic! :)
"
Zilla wrote:

[...Im poor...]
I see someone holding a lottery and i can win 10-20 exalts wich is double or quadrouple of what i ever hat ever, potentioally for some fusings from wich i have maybe 30 if i didn't need that many for some time, so i decide to give it a try and give 1 or maybe 3 fusings because IF i win i will be richer then i ever was and if not 3 fusings is not that bad even for me.

Does that answer your question?

No, not at all.

Easy way to get the same amount as most lotteries
U can get a 6S ilvl 78 vaal regalia, astral plate... for like 6-8 chaos in ambush. As 6L it was worth like 10-12 ex. So far its the same "profit" like the lottery.

But all people here forget 5L's. Buy a 6S lightning coil. throw fusings. if u hit 5L, sell it and buy a new 6S.
U are poor because u gift ur currency to other players. if u procede like this, its a 100% fail proof way to accumulate wealth. And after a while... after perhaps 10 items on average a 6L occurs.

P.S. 6S is rather like 200 jewe and 6L is like 1000 fusings!
IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
I wanted My Chest 6Led.

Collected 30 EX.

Option 01 : Lottery
Option 02 : I buy 1200 Fuse and test My RNG.

I ve picked option 02... and 1200 Fuse later , My Chest is 2L.

GG.

Next time i'll make a lottery, offer 20 EX to winner, still have 10 EX for me, and my Chest 6Led,finnaly.

Probably one of the reasons why lottery existing.
A lottery would only be "fair" if u offer the 30 ex to the participants
IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
"
keeper190786 wrote:

I basically agree. Something close to 30 might be ok as well. It kind of depends on the particular item. I would have to check xyz.

But even if the price was reasonable it still doesn't remove the unnecessary risk of trusting someone that you don't know.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
keeper190786 wrote:

I basically agree. Something close to 30 might be ok as well. It kind of depends on the particular item. I would have to check xyz.

But even if the price was reasonable it still doesn't remove the unnecessary risk of trusting someone that you don't know.

I don't give a f*** about lottery, but I just want to say:

Every day when you take the Bus you trust some random guy to not drive into the next wall.

When you are walking on the sidewalk, you trust that the people driving on the road don't spontaniously think it would be a good idea to drive into you.

We trust people we don't knwo all day long. The difference is, that in real life you can more easily be held accountable.

On the internet there is the annonymity. 'insert random player' doesn't care if people think he is a dick.

So, if you ever want to participate in a lottery, look for someone who has something to lose if he is caught scamming people.

Better than that, do the smart thing and don't do lotteries at all.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Jul 17, 2014, 8:23:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info