Season Eight, Event 169: 40 Minute Descent Champions

This is a Signature Event. The top three experience value records across all signature races for each class wins an alternate art Demigod's Bounty at season end. You can view the current top three participants by class here.

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

You are able to read up information regarding Descent: Champions events here

Dead characters will still be able to receive reward points in Descent: Champions events.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Bounty (Unique Golden Obi) and 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 24: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 20-23: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 17-19: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 14-16: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 11-13: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 8-10: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 5-7: 1 Reward Point

Alternate Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
  • Defeat Rukuku, the Pagan God: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat The Brute: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat Hatestorm: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat Avatar of the Tempest: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat General Gravicius: 1 Reward Point

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Freezing Chamber: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty The Obelisks of Faith: 2 Reward Points

Random Prizes:
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:
  • Alternate Art Lifesprig Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Pillar of the Caged God Unique Item (10 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Berek's Pass Unique Item (5 available to be won)
Got smashed by Brutus the second he died. :( Was going good (#42 and usually I'm going slower in the beginning and catch up later). He also trolled me by dropping a rare mallet. That probably was the most insane mallet ever. -.-

Spoiler

once again screwsed on grav, he moved out of every flameblast. cant figure out how to reliably kill him.
That'l do, Fightgarr2. That'l do.
I actually lived in one of these dumb races
Died to Brutus once again. Really wish they'd buff bows so I can go back to using bow rangers for this race.
Strong damage rolls on everything combined with zero life rolls on anything, resulting in the ridiculous situation where my roa dps exceeded my life total. A couple good life rolls could have made that a record run; alas, i had to play fairly cautious for all my killspeed and still randomly ended up instantly dropped to around 10% life way too many times.

Also god damn am i sick of roas mana and targeting issues. Even if the targeting issues are yet another engine defect that no one knows how to fix, how hard would it be to knock its base mana cost down by 30-40%? Not being able to maintain a linkless skill with 3 mana nodes and the biggest available mana flask early on is ridiculous.

GG all, see you next race.
IGN: KoTao
Spoiler

SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Missclicked or whatever on ammy slot -> no jade, couldn't go back to get it. 0 damage from lvl 12 to 16. Forgot to open chest with large flasks ._.
Got 4-5 blue packs through all the zones also
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Jul 14, 2014, 7:54:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info