Rise of the Immortals/League of Legends

Felt like sharing this. This morning I played Rise of the Immortals, I play all new games with an open mind and I want to be surprised when I play it, even if someone tells me something's a clone this or clone that, games can be influential on each other, this is fact.

Path of exile is very 'similar' (key word - SIMILAR) to Diablo 2 and many other action rpg's, im fine with this, they've taken many aspects of other games and made a brilliant ARPG.

(For all those not in beta, this game is truly something to behold, all my expectations have instantly been met, it feels amazing to play and with all the 0.9.3 changes coming in around two weeks i'm incredibly excited to see the game evolve yet again.)

Rise of the immortals however... upon logging into the game and starting the tutorial thinking 'this may be different to LoL i'll play the tutorial see if i'm missing anything'.
The game loads, character appears, I take one look at the map and one look at the art style around me and instantly log out.

The tutorial map was piece for piece, tower locations, creep locations and even ultimate goal location EXACTLY the same as the LoL tutorial. I dont know about you guys but when I play a game that someones mentioned being a bit cloney, I dont expect it to be a complete rip, I expect some originality, Rise of the Immortals lacked that instantly on first impression.

Fair play to dev teams trying to make an original game but when you copy something word for word thats called plagiarism.

Will not be surprised when I see RIOT GAMES SUING PETROGLYPH.
the LoL map is almost an exact clone of the dota map and hon is almost the same exact map as dota do you see any suing going on there? don't get me wrong im a LoL player not dissing any companies but they're all copies BUT NO ONE CARES (PLZ OFF TOPIC FORUMS PLZ)
*thread closed*
IGN: IgnitedWafflez
Play it, and you'll get exactly what I mean and yeah totally forgot the off-topic thread, and if you re-read i'm not specifically talking about the main play map, this I am aware of, I played Dota for years I played HoN through the beta and launch on day one and i'm also an avid LoL player, you need to play it to understand what i'm getting at, it shocked me somewhat, there's 'INFLUENCE' on other games and physically copying a map down to the last tree..
i did play it the first day it came out on steam its meh
IGN: IgnitedWafflez
LoL is based off of DOTA, a wc3 map, which is based off of AoS, a starcraft 1 map.
HoN, Dota 2, Blizzard Allstars, SoTIS, as well as many others were also all originating from the same thing, so I'd be surprised if they actually did sue.
ya its a really great game
It's kind of hard to make something unique with a MOBA-style game, most of the uniqueness comes with the champion/hero/immortal/whatever design. But in the end they all end up being the same with a few different mechanics, like denies etc. And the map looks similar because that's the concept for the whole game so I have no idea why you would want to change that. But the map in Rise of Immortals doesn't even look the same as League of Legends and if you would've played the actual game you would've realised that. Anyway I feel that Rise of Immortals is inferior to League of Legends.

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e6dff781f6a8020692865
eh league is like the top free game right now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info